moogie

Wheel Horse Parts.

What parts are hard to get in the UK ?

I already know that the rubber gear stick boots and Raider headlight lens are hard to get here. I have a trip to Florida coming up soon and plan to get a few parts to put in my suit case for the trip home. Much cheaper than paying the postage. 

3 hours ago, Stormin said:

I can see a set of wheel weights as hand luggage. :D

I think i would have quite long arms by the time i got home. :)

Can you post an image of the switch, someone might recognise it as a cheaper proprietary item used by another OEM . Some years ago I had a case where a VW switch was £120 and the same Bosch switch from a Ford dealer was £38.

i've been looking for a safety switch for a while a new switch is £70 odd quid one of you guys on here helped me find the right switch infact i think it was you meadowfield, but £70 thats what they was asking for one is just to expensive for a push button type switch for me so linking out the wires is the option i'm looking for ...

9 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Can you post an image of the switch, someone might recognise it as a cheaper proprietary item used by another OEM . Some years ago I had a case where a VW switch was £120 and the same Bosch switch from a Ford dealer was £38.

i would put up a picture but trying to remove it seems to have rejuiced it to just a pile of rust on the shed floor  :-) 

22 hours ago, meadowfield said:

I know the switch, I've had two self destruct with rust!  I found it easier to link the four wires out...

Is there a clue in "the four wires" ?. By any chance is it two switches in one, one breaks when the other makes? There was one like that on the blade engagement lever of the Lawnflite 600 series of the mid to late eighties. 725-0803

I'm not sure there Wristpin all i know is when the PTO is engaged you can't get off without it shutting off the motor so it must talk to the switch under the seat thats two wires and possibly earth through its self sorry not sure