Sign in to follow this  
Wristpin

Well, it's old and mechanical!

Not strictly Horticultural or Garden but am looking for information about the manufacturer etc of this push / pull child's rider which was new to me in 1947. Its done the rounds of other children and grandchildren etc and is now back with me for refurbishment!
The maker's name stamped in the back is BHC Boltoy but I can't find any reference to them on the internet and unfortunately the possible local source, the Pedal Car Museum, just across the boarder in East Sussex, has closed.

CIMG3580 (Medium).JPG

CIMG3584 (Medium).JPG

CIMG3586 (Medium).JPG

The new tyres arrived from the Pram Museum in Holland this morning and having been warmed up on top of the Aga were fitted with a bit of a struggle as they are a really good tight fit and no levers used so as not to scratch the newly powder coated wheels. 

The chassis has been blasted and powder coated so reassembly can begin as soon as the bench is clear.

Still on the look out for a miniature tractor seat in either metal or plastic but it looks as though I will have to make a wood former and build one up from fibre glass matt with some wire mesh reinforcement - all alternative suggestions welcome.

CIMG3621 (Medium).JPG

CIMG3622 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Wristpin
Typo!

On 21/05/2016 at 5:47 PM, the showman said:

I have a small metal pressed seat that you can borrow to take a mould off if thats any help

Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on it if I cant find a suitable one to purchase.

Meanwhile, more progress this afternoon.

CIMG3623 (Medium).JPG

CIMG3625 (Medium).JPG