bought another ransomes today, this time its a mower with roughly the same engine as on my mg2. this one will be used for parts at first, then when i find the proper parts for the mg2 i will rebuild this one.

and because you all like pics

$_85.JPG

$_85 (3).JPG

$_85 (2).JPG

$_85 (1).JPG

i will be picking it up saturday

Just now, expeatfarmer said:

Koen

The engine is almost identical to 137 MG 2, you may find that the crankshaft output is longer . Keep some of your green oak to make some new rollers for the front of your mower,

good idea on the oak, hadn't thought of that:thumbs:

i've got it home now and after holding the cylinder head of the mg up next to this one its quite clear that the mower is quite a bit smaller so i guess this wont be broken up for spares:lol: 

im trying to get it running, fixed a compression issue, exaust valve was a bit stuck but after a bit of wd40 and some persuation it opperates again and i'm having compression.

cleaned the carb and tossed around some bits of the mg carb since that one has more broken bits than this one. carb should be functional again now.

now onto the magneto since i can hold the plug wire and ground myself to the machine while spinning the engine without getting zapped

after i fix the spark issue i'll have to fit the oil return line, fill it up with oil, some petrol and see if it wants to tick over

no pics yet, i'll get some when it stops raining

Good find Koen

This list from the excitingly titled "List of wearing parts for Ransomes and Sturmey Archer four stroke engines used on Ransomes motor mowers and MG2 Tractors" may help you to identify the engine

Ransomes S A Engines.jpg