Ian

SEALEY SUPERMIG180 THOUGHTS

Hi all, before I lay out a large slab of cash on a new Mig welder I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience of a Sealey SuperMig 180 or have heard any talk be it good or bad about them?

Sealey SuperMig 180.JPG

I've got a 180 and never had a problem with it, achieve good welds every time. Paid about the same.

That Lincoln looks like a good buy and is a superior make than the 180.

Basically a generic Chinese built unit but Sealey have a good reputation for after sales back-up.

Before committing it may be worth having a word with R-Tech in Gloucester who have a five star reputation for after sales service and    often have ex-dem sets at greatly reduced prices.

I used to have the older version of this and it was useless, but to be fair it was purchased second hand. I can't rememember the make of its replacement at the moment but if you look on here you will see a topic on it. Way in front of the sealey in my opion

Just looked it up it was an rtech.

A bit of an update on this.. My new Mig welder arrived today (thanks to all the people involved in transporting it to me) and you might say I'm a happy bunny..

Ok, it's not "new" but it is very well made and should outlast me :lol:

A Murex Tradesmig 165...

MTM1.jpg

MTM2.jpg

MTM3.jpg

He just had to go one better than me I've had a murex 160 since the early 80s brilliant welder so never let me down , Why has he gone one better than me =cos his knob goes to 8 mine only goes to 6

3 minutes ago, nigel said:

He just had to go one better than me I've had a murex 160 since the early 80s brilliant welder so never let me down , Why has he gone one better than me =cos his knob goes to 8 mine only goes to 6

are we talking power or inches:lol: