the showman

The Roller from Cromer

9 hours ago, slf-uk said:

The Bolens pulled it easily and you did not know it was on the back, so I expect a horse might be able to pull it on a good day :)

Iain

I not surprised you managed to pull it on freshly mowed grass on the flat, the wheelhorse will come into its own up hill across a ploughed field. :D

The Roller arrived this afternoon here on the South Coast and would like to thank lian Paul and Wendy for all their help in making it happen.

Its so nice to be involved in this hobby and have friends willing to help when needed. :bow::bow::bow::tthankyou:.

We had some fun getting it of Pauls trailer with the Trachorse as its mega heavy she reared up but pulled it off.

ive just undone 4 nuts and a couple of pins and stripped it down before Pam sees it and it easier to move.

im sure the lads will have some photos to add but here's a couple of mine

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm really pleased the journey down south went well, I always worry when I load someone else's trailer.

I am sure Pam will love it :D It sounds like it gave the Trachorse a bit of a workout.

What's the plan now?

Iain

1 hour ago, Stormin said:

OK! It's in bits. But what are you going to say to Pam when you assemble it again on the lawn? :rolleyes:

Suppose he could say   "Forgot I had this Pam.  I had to dig it out from the back of your wood store so I could get the latest load in.  I'd better assemble it now before you moan about bits left all over the place".  :rolleyes:   Might work, but if not. :hide:

1 hour ago, slf-uk said:

I'm really pleased the journey down south went well, I always worry when I load someone else's trailer.

I am sure Pam will love it :D It sounds like it gave the Trachorse a bit of a workout.

What's the plan now?

Iain

On the first look I'm going to make a new frame and drawbar and loose 2 rollers

15 hours ago, the showman said:

On the first look I'm going to make a new frame and drawbar and loose 2 rollers

Once you have finished the roller project the two spare rollers would make great front wheels for a iron wheel tractor project, and I am sure I spotted some iron rear wheels at the usual hunting ground. Just a thought.

Iain

Great pictures. I would love to know what Chris is thinking in the first pictures, you can almost see the cogs turning :). I can now see why he was pleased Pam was out for the day. The trachorse did a great job.

The bit I cut off the back of the roller makes it look a bit rude :wacko:

Iain

I think this implement is called a Cultipacker in the States. It seemed very large in the initial pictures, but even behind the tube frame Bolens it isn't overly large. While it is heavy, its supposed to be heavy to work correctly

Although this is on a back burner at the moment i came across a couple of bearings at Johns that just happened to be the right size for the axle.

ive already got a stock of box section so just need to make some time to cut and weld up a new frame

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg