phaskell

Electro Flow Pump

Just arrived today - a fully restorable Electro Flow Pump. I wonder where they got that name? The pump's rubber primer bellows is pretty well petrified, so I won't try to move it! I recently finished restoring an Orline hedge trimmer, came out pretty good.

Electro Flow 01.jpg

Electro Flow 02.jpg

Orline Hedge Trimmer 10.jpg

Nice score!

Saw that pump on Ebay and thought about it because it's different, but never did bid.

Glad to see it went to someone who will post about it here.

Thanks! My brother was the one who spotted it. I've found very little information about the company. It's cleaned up pretty well, but I need to re-string the recoil - of course! I haven't seen one with the rubber priming bellows before, wonder if it was an add-on accessory?

There is also one of these in my collection, but it's escaped the camera till now.

Mine is the 1HP version, the carb and aluminium cylinder plates were missing when I bought it.

I would have thought the original owner of the pump would have chosen the pipes/primer for their intended use when new.

David

SAM_10797e.jpgSAM_10791e.jpgSAM_10790e.jpgSAM_10798e.jpg

Thanks, great photos. Mine doesn't have the HP decal on the starter, but the Elelcro-Flow tag says it's 3/4 HP. That may be true about the primer,I just haven't happened to see one in any photos before. I haven't been able to find anything about the company at all.

The engine on your pump is an early one and they didn't have HP decals.

I have found out from two different sources that the Electro Flow Pump was also sold as the Paradox Pump.

It was tested by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in May 1964, during the 99 hour test the engine required two spark-plugs, a magneto coil and a set of piston rings. See pdf here: http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfimage/64511303.pdf which also shows the accessories available for the pump.

And it was featured in the January 1963 edition of Desert Magazine on page 8, a pdf is available from the swdeserts.com archive here;

http://www.swdeserts.com/index_htm_files/196301-DesertMagazine-1963-January.pdf

Paradox Pump from Desert Magazine Jan 1963.png

David