56 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

One fin broke on flywheel and no recoil I have plenty of them. need to put the rite tank on it I don't think  that's the rite one?

doesn't look like it was used much. I hope it's as good as the pics.

Just re-read the post, you did buy it, good to know it's going to someone on here and no that's not the correct tank, it should be attached to the engine as they usually are, maybe whatever damaged the starter & other bits finished off the tank too.

46 minutes ago, CNew said:

I never saw it either. I check frequently on a daily basis. I’m surprised this didn’t show up.

Maybe you didn't see it because it sold in less than a day.

David

Yes, I’m also glad it landed with someone on here- nice grab Just O&R! Looking forward to great photos as you start to get’r all fixed up!

ya i got it. I said I need to look harder. just seen it on ebay and he was willing to ship It looked good to me need to change tank

dig up a flywheel and recoil and she should be good . looks like the rest is in good shape. I will let you know.

It definitely has a piece broken off from the magneto plate (see near the exhaust), the engine mounting bracket looks to need straightening to re-align the drive pulleys too (see picture from underneath) and you will need a carb, but they are easier to find than parts for the board itself, good luck with the restoration.

The listing does have some good pictures showing the throttle linkages.

David

Do you mind me asking what price you paid for it? 

Please pm me if you would like.

19B1061B-389A-40D1-9FDF-F28AF1484F5B.jpeg

Edited by factory
Email address removed to help prevent spam, it's best to send contact information by personal message (PM).

Yes paid 250. I think i have what I need to put it back together. the only thing I'm missing is the tank bracket.

Don't think I have that style but I could install a new engine and use the old one for parts.  (Will fine out next week)

IMG_2220[1].JPG

Is that NOS engine a Model J? If it is it should bolt straight on, you will only need to transfer the pulley over from the old one.

13 hours ago, Mekash said:

Do you mind me asking what price you paid for it? 

The ebay link with sold price & pictures was provided by the seller in post #23.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264471736014

David

The Model F is the same gear ratio as the Model J but without the Clutch, I think a digit in missing from the serial number as some of the parts look later than SN #09725.

1204703013_OhlssonRiceCompactEnginesPriceListAug61Page1e3.jpg.0a319f3b44a23bc93be4eb4335a66189.jpg

David

Your rite I missed a number ser # is 097295 and Your rite the f model has no clutch. I'm not sure but

I hope the gearbox will fit ? I'm going to try to find the parts first I would hate to take a complete engine apart.

If it comes apart it will never be a nos engine again.

thanks for the help David.

That number looks right, with a production date of approx 1965.

The gearbox will fit fine, the only differences inside are the gears attached to the engine PTO shaft, the clutch & drum gear changes to a standard gear (see parts circled below), all the case parts are the same for both gearboxes.

1878407169_OhlssonRiceCompactIndustrialEnginesGearCasesMar1964Page1e3.jpg.affeab0847ef07447d1a39cca46c9b40.jpg

Hopefully you can find the parts to repair the Model J, for the missing tank bracket you could make a temporary one & swap it over if you find an original.

David

Got the toby cart yesterday board looks great bracket for engine is bent. I think it will straighten up.

got the engine off got it apart now were waiting on the tank bracket should be here Monday

This should not take long ( I hope ) I would like to take it for a ride.

IMG_2946[1].JPG

IMG_2947[1].JPG

That Toby Cart looks really nice! That should be a cool ride whe you’re done, have someone take a video of you on it!  Is there any sort of brake or do you just drag your feet?

On 9/29/2019 at 12:03 AM, JUST O&R said:

Got the toby cart yesterday board looks great bracket for engine is bent. I think it will straighten up.

got the engine off got it apart now were waiting on the tank bracket should be here Monday

This should not take long ( I hope ) I would like to take it for a ride.

I noticed that it was bent a few posts back, as the two drive pulleys weren't lined up straight in the sellers pictures, also the frame for the back rest is normally mounted underneath the board.

I do wonder if the original owner had a mishap with it, anyway good luck with the restoration.

David

P.S. Are the links in post #41 meant to be in the empty quote box?

No the link in post 41 were just something I did not know. but as i go back and read the hole thread I now see

that this is a given . sometimes I just read between the lines.

David  you are rite I was just looking back threw the pic and all of the other boards have the backrest mounted under the board.

The backrest on this board has new screws so someone has changed it.

good eye thanks I will fix that

This is why your the factory.

thanks terry

Just looking at all the pic's again but don't see any of the linkage that goes to the carb

Does anyone have a pic of the linkage going to the carb? or is it a cable ?

Perhaps they had to move the backrest to raise that extra large gas tank up a bit. :scratchhead:

Usually the throttle control is via a small diameter Bowden cable, fitted to the lower set of holes on the side of the carb, sometimes you find a lever added instead for RC modified engines.

Most of these Toby Cart's seem to be missing the carb, hopefully someone can confirm what was fitted.

David