That make's seance about the tank ! but that tank has got to go.

will put it back the way it should be If possible. I seem to have a few onlooker  that want to see me brake my neck on this thing .

I'm not as good on this things as was when I was a littler younger.

I agree, it will look much better with an original tank.

And good luck if you do decide to have a go on it when you've repaired it, how hard can it be to learn?

His invention at age 24 of a motorized skateboard known as the Toby Cart was featured for three nights on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show (as Johnny learned to master it) and also appeared on The Lucy Show and The Monkees.

David

I started Monday going thew this its coming along good . I'm missing a cylinder cooling baffle  I think the # is 128-2.

does any one have one they would be willing to sell ? Thanks guy's

IMG_2968[1].JPG

IMG_2969[1].JPG

IMG_2971[1].JPG

IMG_2972[1].JPG

I"m just trying to get the Engine done before I go to new York. were a little slow rite now but when we get

back catty bar the door this is the way it is when we get back. So no rush to get r done.  still need to do the board test run

and a few other things . ( making good progress on this one) Hope to try it out soon

They clean up good with an ultrasonic cleaner they work wonders you put in an old part they 

come out like new . I put almost every parts thew it when I'm going threw them.

(They work wonders )

p.s. Hope you get were your going soon you seem to find the nice ones .Miss the new projects!!!!!

I’ve toyed around with the idea of getting an ultrasonic cleaner, maybe some day...

I should be done with the live the first week of Nov. and then the hunt for more O&Rs can continue...

19 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

They clean up good with an ultrasonic cleaner they work wonders you put in an old part they 

come out like new . I put almost every parts thew it when I'm going threw them.

(They work wonders )

p.s. Hope you get were your going soon you seem to find the nice ones .Miss the new projects!!!!!

It depends how dirty the parts were to start with, we used to have both a very large automated ultrasonic machine (US made) and another dual tank cleaner at work for cleaning electronics, the cleaning performance varied a lot depending on how dirty the items were, the type of dirt/contamination, etc. We were never allowed to put items in that hadn't been de-greased either. The larger machine often left dirt on flat surfaces and then baked it on in the drying stages, but did have filters in the pre wash & wash tanks to extend the life of the cleaning solution.

I did sneak the odd O&R part in but had limited success, also neither machine made any difference to items that were corroded.

17 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Ultrasonic cleaners are not that expensive you can get a small one on ebay for 65/75 .

but they will clean your parts!

Do you have any experience of the small cheap machines? Some people over on the vintage radio forum haven't been impressed by them.

David

The one I have is small and I use ultrasonic cleaner for carburetors it's a concentrate only use about 6 to 10 oz

depending oh how dirty they are. but I always clean them before I clean them ( that does not make seance)

Seem to work good for me. the solution I get from Stens part # 770-100 I think its about $50.00 but it lasts

me about a year. We clean about 200 carbs a year and a few o&r engines ( lately)

IMG_2977[1].JPG

IMG_2979[1].JPG

IMG_2980[1].JPG

9 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

The one I have is small and I use ultrasonic cleaner for carburetors it's a concentrate only use about 6 to 10 oz

depending oh how dirty they are. but I always clean them before I clean them ( that does not make seance)

Seem to work good for me. the solution I get from Stens part # 770-100 I think its about $50.00 but it lasts

me about a year. We clean about 200 carbs a year and a few o&r engines ( lately)

Looks a good little ultrasonic machine, but it's not the $65/75 cheap type found on ebay, apparently it's $220 or $500 for a larger one;

https://tinytach.com/ultrasonic-cleaners

I do miss not having access to one, the machine at work was massive by comparison, from memory it was something like 5 to10 litres of cleaning solution diluted in water per wash tank. Perhaps a different chemical was used as it was mostly used for cleaning electro-mechanical & electronic assemblies.

Apparently someone at the previous site it was used at, put a car engine block through it, though we found the robot wouldn't lift a 90kg electronic assembly (a forklift had to be used as there was no overhead cranes in the area).

Very small parts had to be contained to prevent them getting lost and yes we de-greased items first to increase the life of the cleaning solution, so cleaning before being cleaned makes perfect sense to me.

David

Some of the ultrasonic cleaner are costly I thing my was about 200.00 for mine. I have got some for my customers

that are not that bad most People don' t  use them every day like I do. I found this one on ebay

very close to the one Ihave

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-2-Liter-Industry-Heat-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer/163752662356?hash=item26206b5554:g:ygUAAOSwCRRdEs2M

Will I finally got this back together not sure how the throttle rod will work but seems to work ok on the bench.

When we get some good weather I will see if I can fine a brave sole to try it.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

IMG_3145[1].JPG

IMG_3146[1].JPG

IMG_3151[1].JPG

Will I finally got this back together not sure how the throttle rod will work but seems to work ok on the bench.

When we get some good weather I will see if I can fine a brave sole to try it.

IMG_3148[1].JPG

IMG_3149[1].JPG

IMG_3147[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

Looking very nice :thumbs:, should there be a nut (circled area in picture) attaching the bolt for the rear wheels? Some of the others in this thread seem to have one.

1609672583_IMG_31471.JPG.db8d427d4e928c861cbf35b436465c90edit.jpg.4bb0e98314e929500dfe34c9af32f42c.jpg

38 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

When we get some good weather I will see if I can fine a brave sole to try it.

Make sure they know how to stop the engine should they need to.

David

Good eye David that bolt is to short or bloke not sure witch at this point but I will fine out

55 minutes ago, factory said:

Looking very nice :thumbs:, should there be a nut (circled area in picture) attaching the bolt for the rear wheels? Some of the others in this thread seem to have one.

1609672583_IMG_31471.JPG.db8d427d4e928c861cbf35b436465c90edit.jpg.4bb0e98314e929500dfe34c9af32f42c.jpg

Make sure they know how to stop the engine should they need to.

David

On 9/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, Mekash said:

This pic shows that bolt just behind the cat with no fer

19B1061B-389A-40D1-9FDF-F28AF1484F5B.jpeg

On 11/1/2019 at 8:03 PM, JUST O&R said:

Good eye David that bolt is to short or bloke not sure witch at this point but I will fine out

Shouldn't be too hard to fix if the bolt is meant to be longer and have a lock-nut fitted.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, JUST O&R said:

I'm missing a cylinder cooling baffle  I think the # is 128-2.

does any one have one they would be willing to sell ?

If you haven't already found one, this is available from on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/151651948770

Just be careful looking through the sellers other parts, as some are heavily corroded scrap or were damaged on removal.

David

David thanks I tried to buy them from him he has two on there but he would not deal.

never herd back that's like I said before. ( just don't know) will keep looking

but thank you very much.

Carb side is the one I need I thought I gave him a good offer for the two he had.

If you have a extra one that would be great.  That' s one of the parts that are hard to find.

they get taken off and thrown aside. like air filter/ muflers

(just lit me know) thanks much

Well I'm impatient he would not give me a break on the two he had so I bought them anyway.

I will need another before long. I seen a few on ebay a few months back should have bought them

think he was selling them for 5.00 each . (you snooze you loose)