Stormin

Wheel Horse C-81

Some will recall this Wheel Horse C-81.

post-111-0-10412500-1393017963_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-59452500-1393018031_thumb.jpgpost-111-0-73153300-1393018065_thumb.jpg

Bought in the condition you see it. Nicely done by Martin Hurst, who I bought it off well over a year ago. Unfortunately progress has been somewhat slow. Actually practically none existent due to other factors. But hopefully in the next week or so things will progress.

I remember it, I saw it just as Martin had built the new hood stand. Looking good now, once the weather picks up I'm sure you'll be on the case...

We want to see it at the wheel horse round up! :thumbs:

Well I managed to get a bit more done today. First The start of play this morning.

post-111-0-14416700-1401820356_thumb.jpg

Rear fender and seat fitted.

post-111-0-81553900-1401820462_thumb.jpg

Dash and control cables fitted.

post-111-0-93675000-1401820554_thumb.jpg

More panels on.

post-111-0-31814800-1401820619_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-92624100-1401820648_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-17160000-1401820679_thumb.jpg

Electrics to sort out and then see if I can get it to run. That's for tomorrow.

Still several details to see too, touch up here and there and decals to apply, but that will be most likely after Newby. Some accidental damage to the paint on the hood when one of the dogs knocked it over. :(

Got the electrics sorted with the help of an electrical clued up friend. I really should say, he sorted them out. Put petrol in and started to turn it over. And over, and over. Didn't even cough. Took the fuel pipe off the pump and I gave it a little suck to pull fuel through. It came through alright and I certainly coughed.

Pipe back on still no joy, so I poured a bit of petrol into the carb. It soon fired up after a short crank. It won't run right though. Keeps stopping and won't run without some choke jigging. Give it some throttle and it will die. I suspect dirt in the carb or maybe flooding. I'll have a look in the morning. One thing I've noticed, no main mixture screw on the top. Looks like it's been snapped off.

Norm,

We've all been through the same issues!

Firstly the tank is a long way away from the carb, the pump has to work hard. The first thing to check is the pump, undo the two screws and take it off the engine. Split it and give it a clean, checking the diaphragms aren't split and the seats are clean. You can check the seal by pumping with your finger over the end. My sons is shot and we put and electric pump on to prime it.

If you're happy it's ok, then check the carb, give it a good clean and set up as per the kohler manual. If necessary buy a rebuild kit with the new float gasket, etc.

If you don't have time in the next day, then it might be a task for the weekend :D

Cheers

Mark