JUST O&R

This weeks project

14 hours ago, factory said:

Other things to note: no stop/kill switch is fitted,

David

Upon further inspection there is no stop switch that must have been my auger I was working on last week.

thanks David  I will install one thew 

Started cleaning up parts today the reed gasket and the induction gasket seem to be the wrong ones

very thick . I think some one's been here before the induction gasket is about .017 to .018 thick and the reed

gasket was pretty thick too. they maybe from a13b I have a induction gasket and its about .017 thick not sure

on the reed gasket 200470 I had to scrap it off

IMG_3561[1].JPG

IMG_3562[1].JPG

Will I finely got new inspiration to get going on this project . Now from the looks of it we can put it back together with the proper cover and fuel tank. 

( I was told sometimes a blind squall finds a nut) So no we can get this going with a little help from a friend .

Got the crankcase back together and stated cleaning up some parts.

OH BY THE WAY THANK YOU IN ADVANCE CLINT:D

IMG_3633[1].JPG

On 2/1/2020 at 7:20 PM, JUST O&R said:

Started cleaning up parts today the reed gasket and the induction gasket seem to be the wrong ones

very thick . I think some one's been here before the induction gasket is about .017 to .018 thick and the reed

gasket was pretty thick too. they maybe from a13b I have a induction gasket and its about .017 thick not sure

on the reed gasket 200470 I had to scrap it off

On 2/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, CNew said:

Definitely seems too thick for a 13A.

The thicker gaskets may actually be correct, they changed at some point in the production.

A type 13B engine would not fit the cowling used on the Aquabug, 13A engines must still have been made for certain tools long after most manufacturers went to using the 13B.

David

1 hour ago, factory said:

The thicker gaskets may actually be correct, they changed at some point in the production.

Your probably right it didn't look like it had been apart.  I have never seen one with a gasket that thick.

Here is the first set of the thicker gaskets I came across inside a hedge trimmer engine from 1973 (a year after your Aquabug engine was made).

SAM_4922a.jpg.69dd5fa3e985d0e0f522e052ca3e9326.jpg

It didn't want to come apart in one piece either.

SAM_4956a.jpg.fad6be77ab05791d84087f817cb94494.jpg SAM_4957a.jpg.121625f3b23dfd8b3a2fde03e73e7f05.jpg

Note: there are different sized gaskets for the exhaust collector on some engines too.

David

That look exactly what I found when I opened this one up. Well maybe I should take it apart and make a few gaskets.

Seems like it has enough end play .

Found the appropriate service bulletin, from engine SN #1051158 (May 1971) all Series 13 engines used feather valve #400311 with the thicker gaskets (#200469 & #200470), for fitting the feather valve to older engines the thinner brown gaskets (#5-5 & #5-6) are still used.

813775859_OhlssonRiceServiceBulletinS-E092Jun72FeatherValveAssemblyA-1-12-79ReplacedBy400311.jpg.22a56fd5ee658bc1c2ff4b4322d92cb0.jpg

I'm sure I have a sealed NOS feather valve somewhere, supplied with both types of gaskets, the bad news is they also state the shaft seal is not replaceable in this newer feather valve.

David

Got this in the mail today . it had Clint"s name all over it. this will look nice just a little body work

and she will be like new (Clint ):tthankyou::tthankyou::tthankyou:

got a man working on the decals think we have them about ready

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_3637[1].JPG

You must have done a swap with Clint with the tank & housing.

Decals look very good, it will possibly be the only British branded Aquabug in the US, by the way those Perry decals were stuck straight over the top of the US Aquabug decal.

David

Got the inside of the tank fiber glassed this morning. Ground out the cracks a little on the top side and filling them with epoxy.

Then I will patch the hole and should be good to go.

( This weeks project) I think I will rename ( spring project)

IMG_3654[1].JPG

Looking good, I've been thinking all of these covers need reinforcing with glass fibre matting like that.

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

( This weeks project) I think I will rename ( spring project)

Would you like me to change the title to "spring project" and maybe add Aquabug too?

David

This project was only going to take a week or two got on other projects and the shop got busy. That's the way it goes

sometimes just got to go with it . but we are making progress now.  

Will I finally got time to get the cove that Clint sent me done. Thanks again Clint. after a little work I think she will look pretty good

a little fiber glass a little bondo and a lot of sanding. still waiting on the decals but should be here soon.

IMG_3637[1].JPG

IMG_3657[1].JPG

IMG_3658[1].JPG

IMG_3659[1].JPG

IMG_3660[1].JPG

I got a local man to do them he's having a little trouble with the letters bleeding together. He's changing the lettering size just a little . 

p.s still waiting on the other decals I will email him if I don't see them be Fridays mail run.

waiting on those for the recoil for this project to sent you the last black one I had.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:13 PM, JUST O&R said:

David do you remember how long the spacer were for the cover I will need to round all that up?

Will check them at the weekend, I ended up making my own from brass tubing as I couldn't find anything suitable.

David

The spacers were made to approx 11/16" length, the wide washers are to prevent damage to the cover (two used per screw).

I had to order more screws (#6x32 2" long) as the first ones I ordered were too short, a set of these were sent to Paul for his Aquabug restoration.

SAM_6017a.jpg.9c8075da958a82bb7daf7c2483c009e0.jpg

David

It's about time! :poke:And think I spy the next project, a green Mustang under the bench. That thing really needs some luv'n

And David is probably right, the only Perry badged Aquabug in the country