jonnym

My Superior 1030 and accessories.

Hello I new to the forum and mini tractors, so be gentle with me!

Here’s my little Allen Superior based on a gutbrod 1030 with a few of its toys(see photos), there’s a front bucket, forks, hydraulic pump and frame, hydraulic arms, a rotavator, snow plough(grader) and a sprayer and finger mower not in the photos.

I’m the third owner, the tractor was bought second had by my father and kept in v good condition, unfortunately it was lent to someone who kept it for 18 years in very poor way and it is now in the condition you can see in the photos.

I understand that the hydraulics should fit despite them never being fitted.

I’ve had it started today in a cloud of white smoke. There may be some water in the fuel, or it may have oil getting passed the piston rings, hopefully its just because it hasn’t been run for a while and the oil has leaked through.

I have a mountain of questions to ask, as I would like to get all the bits working, here’s a few just to kick things off.

Few I’m in the market for a mower deck for it if anybody knows of one. Failing that either a bodged one from a different machine if anybody has any suggestions, or a pull one of some kind.

Its exhaust is the worse for wear and it's very very noisy at the moment, where is the best place to buy a replacement exhaust?

Thanks for any help

Jon

Edited by jonnym

Hi Jon welcome to my old machine this is a great place to ask the questions you have , it looks a fine looking machine you have ther unfortunately I don't no much about gutbrods but I'm sure someone on here will help you and point you in the right direction . The white smoke you was on about May just be from it been stood a while I would try and give it some work and a oil change and see what it's like afterwards .

Cheers James

Hi Jon, and welcome.  Very nice project you have there and a good reason to restore it as it was your Father's.

I know little of Gutbrod, suffice only to say that the 1030 was 12hp and fitted with a M.A.G Engine......if that is what is fitted to yours?.

The only place I know that might have Engine parts for them is http://www.meetens.co.uk  they are very helpful.

It's good to hear that your attempting to use correct original parts where possible. 

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Hi Jon and welcome from me to very nice tractors these, good luck with all the hard work looking forward to seeing more.

Hi Jon, welcome to MOM it's good to have you aboard..   I'm with James about the white smoke, it may well be where the engine has been sitting for years and needs a good run to clear it out..

Keep us updated on how your are getting on with it... Oh, we like lot's of photo's :D

Hi Jonnym

Welcome to the forum  have fun  nice to see your challenge   I have three Gutbrods Kermit is a 1030 fitted with a Norton Villiers C45 engine

The original engine would have been a 8 Hp mag engine the 1031 has same engine bored out to 10 hp, the 1032 had the engined moved and uprated to 12 hp  drop me a P M

^_^:rolleyes::wub:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I will post more pictures as I go along. Its going to be used plenty. My prority is the mowerdeck as I have an acre of lawn to cut also the veg patch to rotavate, tge rotavator works ok by the look of it. I can also see plenty of use for the bucket and forks.

Whats the general concensus with the paint work? Repaint or touch up? Do people restore them back to new condition or is it better to try to keep them looking abit vintage?

Are the head light lenses avalible, there made originally by hella

Are the keys universal and can i get a replacement as mine have gone missing.

Thanks for any help

Jon

Posting by phone please forgive the typos.

Hi Jon

The key is an easy one, I think this is where I got mine (once I worked out that you push the key to start rather than turn it, never seen that before)

http://www.replacementkeys.co.uk/vehicle/tractor/bosch-vehicle-key.html

The part number on my original key that came with my second tractor is 3341 982 101

Paint work is personal choice everyone has there own opinion, mine were both painted non standard before I got them therefore the decision to repaint as standard was made.

not sure about the light lenses, if they were common to cars of the time you may be lucky and find a set

Edited by GAV694

welcome to mom,great looking machine ,

I like to see both newly painted & in original working clothes but preferential choice would be in original condition ,purely in that there is no other one like it & providing she is in a fair condition ,i would say more interesting and desirable.

JMO

Not sure "fair condition" really describes it(I try not to call my vehicles she as the always seem to break down when I do!).

I will look at renovating the ancillary bits with no paint an look again at the body work

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thanks gav694 looks just the job

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk