Wristpin

Winter draws nigh!

13kva , split over 3 phases.

Not the most civilised machine compared with modern "quiet" units but very economical on red diesel and allows life to carry on uninterrupted.

The only thing that causes a change of engine note is the ordinary domestic 800 watt micro wave when it pulses. no doubt someone with an electrical "ology" can explain that.

Control panel

post-236-0-57092700-1412981800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wristpin

Never mind the genny.... I'm liking the control panel :D

:thumbs:

I like the genny and control panel... but never mind either, I'm thinking thanks for the reminder and another job for the todo list.

Iain

Very interesting.. I'm sure Nigel's mystery engine (I can't find the post about it) has a Brimotor sticker on it..

Not sure whether Brimotor still exist but they used to assemble gensets in s small factory tucked away behind a pub in central Tunbridge Wells - buying in engines and alternators .

They then moved to a unit on an industrial estate, still in Tun Wells and produced trailer mounted lighting towers  for road works etc.  Somewhere along the line they acquired the rights to produce Tarpen hedge cutters from whoever was making them in Nottingham - I think. Brain is a bit hazy on this.

We supplied and installed several of their Lister powered stand-by gensets and this one found its way home!