diggerjames

Fitting Hydraulics to Wheel horse C121

Amongst many of my other projects I've been working with Sam and Nathan we have been looking at fitting hydraulics to the C121 , trying to think what will have a vee belt pulley on etc and knowing we're not going to need vasts amounts of pressure for what we're needing ( eventually it's going to be used for a three point hitch ) etc , so I've sourced a power steering pump off an old range rover 3.5 v8 engine . Which should be more than upto the job hopefully anyway , I've also gonna use if it has enough capacity a land rover pas resovoir, in order to mount the pas pump we had to dispense with the original exhaust to allow for room for the pump , here is what we have done so far !

post-166-0-17688100-1416071799_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-71356100-1416071818_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-01498500-1416071838_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-33985300-1416071856_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-29101500-1416071878_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-29403800-1416071897_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-45035000-1416071921_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-56436300-1416071939_thumb.jpg

This looks very interesting, I am looking forward to following this.

The Bolens tractors I have with hydraulics have a very small reservoir and it copes with most things. Hydraulic attachment lift is a great bonus.

If it works well I'm gonna fit to the rest of them I think I'm gonna do breakdown of cost to give you all an idea once it's done

I've a single Ransome's...

Too big for the space I have if you are interested.

any pics mark

I was looking through some of my WH attachment PDF's last night and I noticed that a hydraulic lift attachment was an option on early WH's and for the 800 you could buy an electric lift option, which used a linear actuator.

I have never seen or heard mention of these attachments. It is always good to learn something new, although what worried me was the fact I was reading WH information, clearly this forum is having an impact ;-)

Iain

This is quite interesting to me because unless I'm being thick how dose a plough attachment lift when it gets to the end of a row if it doesn't lift surely it will just keep ploughing it needs a lift pump on a 3 point linkage type of setup surely ???

That's how bendy will be done... :D

When I get a ram :P

What size ram are you looking for Mark?  We use various short cylinders on our machines for hydro-pneumatic suspension,4/w/steering etc there are usually some in the skip.

Looking for 6in stroke with as large a diameter as possible. Is it something you might have?

I'll have a measure up Sunday I think I have some at home, Off to Heathrow Saturday,broken down runway sweepers.

Any updates on this James? Really interesting topic and it's something that I definitely want to try in the near future on my C-141.

Tom

Any updates on this James? Really interesting topic and it's something that I definitely want to try in the near future on my C-141.

Tom

not as yet mate been busy with work et but hoe fully over Christmas will show some results!