the showman

Wheelhorse New Arrival

It wasn't intentional Jeff, a friends son had it and stripped it down then lost interest, he just wanted out of his workshop,

It was delivered and the price was good , the other reason for posting was that I've got a new iPad and wanted to try out the camera and loading photos, very pleased with the ease and quality of the results

its a shame that we see this on many a tractor. Someone buys it with all good intensions of rebuilding it to a grand glorious conclusion, then do to some unfortunate thing, they either become over whelmed or financially ruined.  Its a sad thing for both the tractor and the owner, as most don't recover from it. The tractor ends getting shuffled from box to box and place to shelf with half it parts lost or damaged. The owner may now think of  himself as a failure and with the cost of this in the back of his mind, not try to repeat it. I hate to see an event like this happen.

As the sun was shining today I thought I'd have a day on the patio. I've been walking round this tractor and pushing it to and fro for a while and can't make up my mind what to do with it. First thing was to bolt all the bits back on to see what was missing, and see if it would run, after a little work and plenty of tea it came together quite well. There's not much left of the wiring loom and it looks like someone has changed the engine, with a couple of bits of wire I got it to spin over and with a squirt of fuel in the carb it fired up. Big cloud of smoke but cleared and now runs nice ( I think the needle valve wants a clean ). The front n/s wheel was wrong so I changed that with one from stock. Next move was to dig into the spares department for a fender, not only found one but had the footrests with it. At the end of the day I've got an up and running tractor that needs a bit of wiring, what do I do now with it ?

As the sun was shining today I thought I'd have a day on the patio. I've been walking round this tractor and pushing it to and fro for a while and can't make up my mind what to do with it. First thing was to bolt all the bits back on to see what was missing, and see if it would run, after a little work and plenty of tea it came together quite well. There's not much left of the wiring loom and it looks like someone has changed the engine, with a couple of bits of wire I got it to spin over and with a squirt of fuel in the carb it fired up. Big cloud of smoke but cleared and now runs nice ( I think the needle valve wants a clean ). The front n/s wheel was wrong so I changed that with one from stock. Next move was to dig into the spares department for a fender, not only found one but had the footrests with it. At the end of the day I've got an up and running tractor that needs a bit of wiring, what do I do now with it ?

Take it to Newby Hall and sell it mate :thumbs:

Keep looking at the rear fender and have decided to fit a later one and keep the older one for one of the Raiders i have.

Its a little wider and needs a small infill panel made or just leave it as is.

Your thoughts gentlemen please, would be a help

post-98-0-86638100-1425294529_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-70591600-1425294544_thumb.jpg

I agree the later one does look a better fit.

Love your use of the patio but somehow I don't think I would get away with that.

Iain

Thanks Iain, as you know i seem to have a lot of stock at the moment and space is a bit limited, i have told her its only temporary. It will be better when the warmer weather comes, then i can work on the lawn