Jackthehat

Oh dear got the bug just brought a LAWN RANGER

I have a model list on wheel-horse.co.uk

It's a 68 lawn ranger and should have a tecumseh h60 if it's original....

There's a few of those, James and Paul have one, and there's one up in Scotland.

I love it are add some better photos of it when I go back out in the shed its in a mess at the mo but only paid £100 for so I dot mind sorting it out [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Also would that v70 pull start fit it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea mine in the same sort of shape as that but has a engine in it how much are they worth done I can see it costing a lot more than it's worth in the end only seat I can find is £60 [emoji50]

post-356-0-41738400-1422814700_thumb.jpgpost-356-0-29941200-1422814718_thumb.jpg

I think that's the case with all restorations, you never get what you put into them... unless they are for free and only need a coat of paint.

it never works that way... :D

though the missus thinks I've a few hundred in all my collection - hope she checks on here and redsquare when I croak it!  can't let her sell them for a few hundred :o

I wanted a original seat for it though an I'm not worried if it does cost more than it's worth but it's nice to no

When u say the one Paul has which one is that how can I see it

I think that's the case with all restorations, you never get what you put into them... unless they are for free and only need a coat of paint.

it never works that way... :D

though the missus thinks I've a few hundred in all my collection - hope she checks on here and redsquare when I croak it!  can't let her sell them for a few hundred :o

Like you, my only hope when I am pushing up daisy's is that my missus doesn't sell my equipment and tools for what she thinks I paid for them. :o

BTW. I like the Lawn Ranger

Iain

Like you, my only hope when I am pushing up daisy's is that my missus doesn't sell my equipment and tools for what she thinks I paid for them. :o

BTW. I like the Lawn Ranger

Iain

Iain,

Don't worry I will give your missus a fair price for all your Bolens....

Here is what your lawn ranger should look like when done , great lawn tractors , The lawn ranger was Cecil Ponds favorite tractor ,

To find out all about Cecil Pond I highly recommend buying the Wheelhorse complete history book from Michael Martino .post-5-0-86685200-1422860379_thumb.jpg

Tecumseh engines are quite hard to find here in UK especially the one that you need so you may need to consider putting a kohler engine in which is a better engine in my opinion.

You may find you need to get some part ie steering wheel , from USA.

You have found a great little tractor & there is plenty of wheelhorse experts here on Mom to help you get your lawn ranger up & running.

Most of all , have fun doing restoring it

post-5-0-37747800-1422860401_thumb.jpg

hi morris leslie has one in his next vintage sale its described as 1965 wheelhorse kohler engine no 749239 expecting £100/£200 for it the sale is on 7th march at 10.30  google morris leslie vintage auction and its on second page     thanks

I am sure I have had 2 of these pass through my hands over the years.

I am sure I paid £30 for one & £100 for the other which had a blown engine :o

Both went to a mate in Kent & sure he still has one

:banghead:  Should have kept them :angry: