Chris

Bolens HT20 Loader/Digger Tractor

Right then, time to show off this very rare beast of a Bolens tractor which has joined my collection.

My thanks go to Iain who pointed out to me & I beat him to it on a deal then a long distance transport problem I had in getting it brought over from Co Down, Northan Ireland to Sussex :huh:  I did in the end found an Irish machinery haulier who had room on a lorry which was heading for Oxford. I ended up meeting it at a engineers in Warwickshire who had a telehandler suitable to lift it out of the lorry trailer & onto my trailer.

Its a very poorly HT20 c/w rare front loader & Brantley back hoe. Its been sat as a wreck for approx 20 years according the the guy I brought it from. Various parts missing inc rear fender & hydrostat unit for the back axle. The tractor engine is a mess & is stuck solid.

Its going to be a massive project to under take as all hyraulic rams need overhauling due to rust & pipe work rotten & wont be cheap to replace.

The plan will to be fit the loader/digger onto my other tractors & the tractor will be broken up for spares as its too far gone to restore in some areas in rear axle which is full of mud & rust.

Now this has got to be rarer than a D200 wheel horse :P

Chris,

Well done for getting this back home in one piece. I think your photo/ post of your tractor will be located on other forums due to its rarity.

At least replacing the tyres will be the easy job!

Cheers

Andrew

I dont even know how I am going to get it off the trailer yet :huh:

I do have some spare rear tyres, not mutch good when the wheels dont turn cos the back end is full of muck :angry:

Well done Chris for making this happen. I know it took an incredible amount of effort but worth it.

It looks so much better in your pictures than the sale advert.

I can't imagine another Bolens backhoe exists in the UK and I believe they are really rare in the US too.

I am really looking forward to seeing this project progress.

The front loader should not take mutch to remove Andrew.

I do have 3 loader tractors which I look after at work just up the road, so may have to see if I can borrow one for the job to unload :D

That's excellent Chris if you can borrow something from work. As Iain say, it worth all the work to get this baby back on the road or in the garden!

The photos in Ireland didn't do it justice and I think you have got a really good project there.

Looking forward to seeing it up and running at Rural Pastimes or if you need a bit more time at Biddeden!

wow Chris that is awesome. What a great project to get your teeth into.

I bet you were pretty excited waiting for her to arrive home.

Great find

Very nice find :thumbs:

They aren't super rare here, but not that common either.

Must be rare in the UK, Iain knows of one other HT20 in the UK with a Front End Loader. Sure there must be some more rotting away else where.

Just been watching some in action on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLnDExyXiYA

Edited by Chris

Chris, good video. It's an Impressive machinery that back hoe. Bet you can't wait to try yours out one day.

Simon Cole had one with a front loader, don't know if he sold it on or kept it

Chris, who's Simon Cole?