pmackellow

Ride on tractor insurance

A very timely topic as I am currently considering my insurance options. Any further suggestions for companies would be helpful.

Thanks

Iain

I noticed on Cherished Car Insurance's web site that they offer discounted rated for clubs to offer to members. I wonder if we count as a club?

I noticed on Cherished Car Insurance's web site that they offer discounted rated for clubs to offer to members. I wonder if we count as a club?

i think we might have to look into that :)

we don't the same insurance thing over here. We have to have a blanket policy at most shows now that just you and the display as a whole, not the single tractors or any lists of them. Hard to get the insurance here as they want to attach it to your homeowners policy and that only cover certain thing at certain phases of the moon, apparently.  I do a lot of show that are 250 or 500mls from home, father than the home policy will get you . Lots of shows now require you buy a membership with them to be covered under their insurance. I think its running around $15 a show for the weekend. Some times this don't set well with guys, because they send a lot to get there, have a motel, eat and buy stuff at the show. We think the show should cover us, due to the fact that we do draw in the crowd.

I read that somewhere before. Ride ons, after quad bikes and small machinery, are often targeted by thieves to sell on. One of my customers a few years back had thier ride on stolen and they claimed it off the house insurance but didn't get a market value for it.