Charlie Smith

Soon to be Cub Cadet Tipping Cart

I also managed to bring back this little tipping trailer today, again I'm not too sure on the make? any input will be greatly appreciated, I've not seen them with the round pole chassis/draw bar thingy ma bob!? 

it's got lots of surface rust, but nothing many of hours sanding shouldn't sort out, 

but my plans with this are to paint it all up cub colours and add a few cub decals and pull it behind my cub cadet,

I'm not sure weather to keep the solid tyres or change the wheels and tyres for pneumatic ones? Guys?!?! 

post-131-0-18071600-1431893361_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-93235900-1431893453_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-60944500-1431893509_thumb.jpg

Depends on what tractor, very early model cub original or earlier type tractor, maybe keep the solids, anything made later in the 60s or 70s pneumatic tires would be complimentary.

I wont be hauling anything, it will always be empty its just something to tow behind my cub cadet at shows etc, seeing the solid rubber is still in very good condition I think im going to keep it on solid tyres

Only time will tell

Good evening,

Having recently bought a trailer I noticed similarities with Charlies. This one has pneumatics but again not fully sure of maker. I know some early Wheelhorse trailers had swivel tube front end. There is traces of green in a few places. Quite a weighty trailer to. :)

Philip

post-451-0-57160300-1434135054_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-61426700-1434135104_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-64700400-1434135152_thumb.jpg

Hello Philip 

That's a nice trailer you've got there! I'm lead to believe I used that trailer that you just brought a few weeks back to move a cart load of stuff from one place to another, If its the same one, you're lucky.. ;) I was going to buy that one as well on my return visit , but we got half way there and the clutch went on the van so we had to switch vehicles and take the car so sadly I couldn't fit it in, however I could be wrong and it may be a complete different cart! but I don't think so.

as for the carts them self, I think they are exactly the same, just like you say yours has the pneumatic tyres, which is probably the original just mines been fitted with solid wheels and tyres. and as for the tipping leaver that will look different as mine has the arm snapped off, so I'd go so far as to say there are the same cart,

funny you should say that mine has a little green underneath, but mainly an olive sort of colour!

Hello Charlie,

Yep i believe it's the same one  ;). I thought your wheels were originals & initially had in mind that mine was a good home build. The green on this one is a bit brighter than olive although i'm not sure what colour it will end up being. Once it's up together you can always borrow it or meet up at a show. 

Now there's two the sameish it would be good to find out the proper maker.

Philip

The research starts here!! well I've put every name of garden tractor in front of the words 'tipping cart' utility wagon' 'trailer' and still no luck, but now there is two of us looking, we may get a break through! 

Yes once they are both restored it would be nice to meet up a show, they came from the same owner, and can be reunited for the weekend once given a good new life :D 

The research starts here!! well I've put every name of garden tractor in front of the words 'tipping cart' utility wagon' 'trailer' and still no luck, but now there is two of us looking, we may get a break through! 

Yes once they are both restored it would be nice to meet up a show, they came from the same owner, and can be reunited for the weekend once given a good new life :D

I've been doing the same, putting different names before trailer, cart, dump cart, old cart etc. I had looked at Wheelhorse i.e, LTD-24, 242 & the like but they're different.

The next search is of manufacturers that paint their gear green :)