Alan

BOLENS STASH UPDATE

After weeks of sorting and clearing lots of small stuff, mainly junk for the tip, we had a visitor from Norfolk yesterday.  Iain arrived for what he thinks will be his last visit to collect his reserved items.

Luckily it was mainly dry, not like today which is wet and windy.  Didn't get many photo's this time, just a few near the end of the loading.

post-385-0-50210800-1454789204_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-04631400-1454789269_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-86975000-1454789323_thumb.jpg

The main items were John's last remaining Bolens tractor which had fun dragging a very heavy 8ft steel bench, a heavy engine hoist and bench drill up to the van.  Iain also twisted our arms  :)  to let him take numerous other smaller items plus a pair of trailers and peace offerings for his boss at home.

He couldn't though, be persuaded to take a 6ft 3 furrow Ransom plough which had recently been discovered in the undergrowth. John knew it was there but  forgot  :rolleyes: to tell anyone.

Thanks again Iain for making the trip and to the Showman for all his help on the day.  It was hard work for the three of us, most likely impossible for two due to the weight involved.

Great to see Alan, Chris and John yesterday. Thanks for the fantastic company and for helping with the loading, it was a

good day.

Looking at Alan's pictures I still had some more space in the van :)

The Bolens was clearly excited to be coming to Norfolk and joining my other Bolens, as it was rattling against the van

bulkhead all the way home.

Iain

You gone back empty handed Iain!

He's loosing his touch Andrew.  We kept telling him there was lots of room left.  On his previous trips he was measuring the gaps with feeler gauge's and looking for suitable size goodie's to squeeze in.

He's loosing his touch Andrew.  We kept telling him there was lots of room left.  On his previous trips he was measuring the gaps with feeler gauge's and looking for suitable size goodie's to squeeze in.

I think his Boss onto him! He chickened out!

Mind you I can't talk :(

Is the bamboo Iain's peace offering for his wife? LOL!

Maybe :-) nothing stopping the boss planting a few hundred hedge plants in the field now :-))

What made me smile is how they came untied on the way home and ended up all over the van. Had to take them out one at a time, took s while

Iain

Oh great glad you got the trailers that I had arranged with Dennis tonight to pick up for me on thursday I was told they would

not be going anywhere for a few weeks and I had first dibs on them

It's been a while since I posted an update although there is nothing really exciting to say.  It is now just over a year since disposal of John's collection started.  Most items have gone to collectors, MoM members ( you know who you are, thanks ) plus eBay sales, and other things by word of mouth. 

A lot of small items, Austin 7 & 10 parts, which John inherited years ago have also gone.  Things which we didn't think were worth the bother listing on eBay sold for a lot more than expected.  One mans junk ............ worth the effort in the end although a lot of time spent in the process.

Still various mowers to sort including a J.P Super Simplex which was classed as the Rolls Royce of mowers in it's day.      IMG_3598.JPGIMG_3617.JPG

A Villiers 20 engine, 3 Westwood tractors which are only fit for spares and a lathe of unknown make, unless someone knows otherwise.  About 5" center height by 20".  Surface rust, which I have cleaned up in places.  Would have this myself but probably wouldn't use it much and no room anyway.

IMG_3318.JPG

Most of John's cars have also gone. Ranging from parts doners to runners to a few in VERY good condition, the best one of the lot is this Marina automatic which the Showman got running late last year after about 10 years of storage.  It was a bit erratic, traced to a leaking fuel pipe which was changed a few days ago. Thanks Chris.  Now running nicely Chris couldn't wait to drive it out of the shed for a photo session even though it wasn't painted in his favourite red.

IMG_5100.JPGIMG_5101.JPGIMG_5102.JPGIMG_5103.JPG

Even though he can't drive now John THINKS he would like to hang on to this one for now, at least until his land is sold.  I expect he will decide otherwise soon.

Still enough to keep me occupied for a while yet, and also a day out each week for the Showman which stops him from getting into trouble at home.

11 minutes ago, Stormin said:

That Marina is superb. As for the lathe, it looks very much the same as mine, which is an Atlas.

Thanks Norm. :thumbs: It's just as it was after uncovering.  Not cleaned up at all.  There are no markings anywhere on the lathe to give a clue.  I'll do some research on Atlas lathes to see if I can identify it for certain.

2 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

That Marina estate is absolutely cracking. Would love that for myself.....B)

Nothing to stop you Andrew. :poke: Just do as the Showman does. Wait until your wife is out before sneaking it into the shed.  Or say it's a present for her.  :thumbs:

17 minutes ago, Alan said:

Nothing to stop you Andrew. :poke: Just do as the Showman does. Wait until your wife is out before sneaking it into the shed.  Or say it's a present for her.  :thumbs:

I wish..... :huh:

:P

14 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Carol would like it. :hide:

Don't think it would fit into the red Sprinter, :confused: but Chris could borrow a trailer and deliver to Newby.  :)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hide: