Stormin

Scrap Heap Saw bench.

Of course you have only removed the guard for photographic purposes  ;)

Very nice Stormin, it will outlast anything bought new these days also good it earns its keep

After 4 years sterling service and a nice store of logs in, for this winter and beyond, I decided it was time to give the saw bench a treat. So into the now roomy workshop after a good pressure wash.

post-111-0-67088000-1441037594_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-66264900-1441037649_thumb.jpg

Oil drained off and I just need to find out the engine oil to use. Can't remember what went in. :rolleyes:

Blade has seen slightly better days by now, so a nice re-sharpened blade fitted. Though not tungsten tipped, it will do until I get the old one to the saw doctors.

Bracket for the screw jack got bent a while ago, so off with that to replace with a mk2 version. When made sometime later this week.

The fuel tap has always leaked a bit, so decided to fix that. It's one of those old tapered brass type you lap in.

post-111-0-40345900-1441037696_thumb.jpg

Noticed the end of the taper protruded out of the body slightly. So into the lathe and a few thou' skimmed off. Lapped in in with some fine paste and reassembled. That took some time, as when fitting the split pin, I dropped washer, spring and cam. :banghead:

Spring and washer easily found. Took about half an hour to find the cam. It bounced under a wheel and was hiding in the tyre tread.

Re-assembled and re-fitted to the tank. Still leaks but nothing like before. Oh well! I get red diesel for nowt. ;)  

When putting my tools away, I found the pin missing from my small adjustable spanner. :(  The one that holds the thimble in pace. More hands and knees scrating about on the floor to no avail. Gave up and carried on clearing up and that's when I found it. Not on the floor, but on one of the brackets for the draw bar and plain to see.

The best way to find bits that have been dropped is not to look too hard.. Sooner or later thay will catch your eye :)

Well, let's hope that the theory holds good. Been looking off and on for a lost exhaust pipe clamp for the last week!