expeatfarmer

Ransomes ITW

That's good that you have got it sorted. This and the skimmer have really tested your determination to get them going.

I can imagine the ITW would be quite difficult to turn on either concrete or tarmac.

Is the winch fully operational?

What a frustrating day today. The ITW took ages to start, the Whitlock loader has a major diesel leak behind the engine cowling ( fuel pump banjo) 137 decided to play silly beggars and not start and then to cap it all the digger dozer decided to shear the key that drives the hydraulic pump in addition to which it is running badly. Thanks to Norman who was busy washing off machines and helping to sort the keyway all back on track again but knackered my back and feeling very grumpy. Only good thing for the day is that my wife janet has stitched up a beautiful leather cloth seat cover for the ITW which I am about to staple on. had to leave the Whitlock and ITW outside as it is now freezing and I have not the energy to fanny about getting them started. With my luck it will be pouring with rain in the morning.

Better fortune today, Whitlock proved to be a pig to start after I fixed the fuel leak and then I remembered that it likes heat to start from freezing but you have to turn the heat off before you turn it over otherwise it wants to run backwards. Fixed up carb on the digger and it now ticks over nicely. 137 fired up after a few goes but it was below freezing. Brought it into garage for some touch up and a clean up. The ITW has been extremely difficult to start from cold and very smokey. I managed to find a brand new injection pump,injector, reed valve and governor all new old stock. Decided to bite the bullet late this afternoon and changed everything, my theory being that if I changed all the influencing parts for new then I was not leaving any unknown's in the set up. Guess what ! it worked runs much better much less smoke and dare I say it I started it on the crank handle not once but twice WOW ! I kept thinking how unpopular I would be at Malvern churning away on the starter and filling the place with smoke so took the gamble.

Certainly plenty of Bruno smoke over the last few weeks. ITW fired first pull on the handle this morning , instantly ran on the starter with little smoke. I would have persisted with the manual start but knackered my back yesterday so thought I would save it for Malvern. Nice seat fits a treat.

post-292-0-13881300-1456335121_thumb.jpg