Stormin

Mountfield 11hp.

Some years back, I acquired a non running Mountfield  B&S 11hp Ride on. Deck was mainly rust and well beyond recovery, but it would be ok for the grandkids to ride round the green on. I got it running, Fitted an old car battery under the seat. Threw some paint at it and the result is below.

009.JPG

That's number 3 grandson. Now pushing 14 and nearly as tall as me.

Back to the Mountfield. It has been covered up in a corner outside for about two years. At the forthcoming HVC rally we have an auction, so I thought it time to get rid of it.

Into the workshop and up on the lift. Not expecting it to start or the battery even turn the engine, I turned the key. The engine flew round.:o  Not bad for a battery that must be ten years old at least. So in with some go go juice and try again. Nothing and no spark. Plus the throttle/choke cable had broken.

OK! It can go as is. So I left it on the ramp  to do other things. Just before I knocked off at 4-30, I gave the key a turn in passing. The thing BURST  INTO LIFE.:omg: Really made me jump as it blew the well rotten silencer end off as it started.

Got me thinking should I keep it. But common sense says no. So off to auction it will go next weekend.

If we let our grand children ride on our village green we would have all the snotty posh women complaining to the parish council and the noise abatement society