pmackellow

Westwood Gemini rotavator

Acquired this last month, some of the information crept into the Lawnbug ride on topic so I thought I had better start a new topic in the right section :hide:...

Not got too far with it yet other than a wash & brush up and new decals from Titch, and found a manual in my literature collection.

Hopefully picking up an interesting addition at the weekend... :D

PB260012.JPG

PB260014.JPG

PB260015.JPG

PB260016.JPG

P9260019.JPG

P9260020.JPG

PB270037.JPG

PB270038.JPG

PB270039.JPG

PC140004.JPG

PC140005.JPG

PC190001.JPG

A good find there but I would think that the little Suffolk engine would be working quite  hard with that ridger (spelling??) body in Wealden clay, but perhaps it's destined for a more relaxed life? 

10 minutes ago, Wristpin said:

A good find there but I would think that the little Suffolk engine would be working quite  hard with that ridger (spelling??) body in Wealden clay, but perhaps it's destined for a more relaxed life? 

I agree, the engine would indeed struggle, this lot will be for show only methinks :thumbs:

Looking good. On the Flymo parts illustration there's a lever to trip the bin latch to allow it to tip. Is there any sign of one having being fitted to yours or was it a latter addition?

19 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Looking good. On the Flymo parts illustration there's a lever to trip the bin latch to allow it to tip. Is there any sign of one having being fitted to yours or was it a latter addition?

Yes there is, looks a bit Heath Robinson and as I intend to show the machine with the barrow on, the pins and r clips will be replaced by bolts and wingnuts to make it all a bit more sturdy :)