paul

PRESIDENT

Hi All

I have spoke about my president in the introductions topic, thought it would be better in this part now.

The weathers been great in Hampshire today, so I managed to get some paint on the tractor.

I will post more pics as and when.

Paulpost-109-0-74777500-1394312257.jpg

post-109-0-17638900-1394397049_thumb.jpeHi

I found this lurking about on my pc . This is how I found the tractor after I had dug it out of 30 years of farm clutter.

Paul

Hi.

Yes shes coming on. I have cleaned up,painted and put one of the new back tyres on today. Also put the 3-point linkage back on, will hopefully start the other rear wheel tomorrow if the weathers nice.

Paul

Have been wondering where titch is. I thought he would have some input. I have also been on his site but no response. Does anybody know if hes ill?

Hi Paul i think Titch is in the middle of a house move an not got mutch free time at the moment.

Nice President Paul your doing a good job. i hope to got some photos of my President up soon

Thanks Matt

Thanks for that matt, now you say it it, I do recall Titch saying he was moving house but couldn't remember when. As for my old girl, I am hope'ing  to get my final back wheel painted and the new tyre put on this weekend. Looking at the weather though I don't hold much hope so it will be a case of going in the nice warm shed and sorting the engine out. Nice to see some more of these reds on here as well.

Paul

HI ALL

just some more pics. I have sorted all the wheels and tyres out now, just need to put the wheel weights back on the front, hydraulics sorted out but think I might have to replace the seals(will see when up and running). post-109-0-16852100-1395591686.jpgpost-109-0-48032700-1395591715.jpgpost-109-0-59309900-1395591744.jpgpost-109-0-71373400-1395591773.jpgEven the dog likes it as a sun hat

Paul

Hi all,

I am just getting round to putting the valve guides into the block. Have they got to be pressed in or can they be hammered in? I presume if you hammer them in they might splay out as it isn't constant pressure as the press would be. Any advise would be great as I don't want to break anything.

Paul

Hi Paul, I'm no engine expert by any means, but pressing the guides in seems the sensible way to do it.. As you say i would give a constant pressure..

I don't know if you can shrink fit valve guides in, you know put them in the freezer for a few hours to let the cold shrink them.. It should make them drop in easier..

Just don't let your wife know your putting engine parts in the freezer :D

Hi all. I have spoken to various people and most say the same, either freeze the guides to shrink them or heat the block to expand it.

I have also spoke to the company that are sorting out my crankshaft and they can do them with a special tool they have, so best left to the experts I think.

Paul

Hi Paul,

somehow I just don't seem to get the time to get to the forums recently, house move/shed builds/setting up work etc just seems to swallow every second of every day...

But yes indeed, a fine result with the President, truly nice!!

Titch

post-109-0-93416300-1401566889.jpgpost-109-0-39968200-1401566918.jpgpost-109-0-31297800-1401566952.jpgHad Titch down the other week so had most the collection out. Very nice to meet the man and can see why he is called Titch, but his good reputation is bigger.

Paul