the showman

Oh No, not another Wheelhorse

After having a sort out and finding 14 tractors, I thought I would downsize my collection. Had a phone call yesterday offering me another wheelhorse and I thought might as well have 15, just one more wont make any differance

post-98-0-73136500-1396382925.jpg

post-98-0-63143500-1396382952.jpg

Its a 1980 C120, been standing for a while, has a handy attachment bracket on the rear axle and a 42 inch deck which  has the tin worm, there was a trailer frame that ended up in the van and a bag of spare belts and blades and a new exhaust.

post-98-0-72605100-1396383358.jpg

post-98-0-03514800-1396383382.jpg

post-98-0-90573000-1396383400.jpg

post-98-0-58704500-1396383423.jpg

post-98-0-53556200-1396383447.jpg

A nice find Chris..... As soon as I can get a few ££'s together I will head down and see if I can help with your Wheel Horse congestion problem :D

Good Tractor and bits haul there Chris,

Can't help wondering that as it was April 1st when you posted this, that you were trying to catch us out :).

Or I'm looking too close for discrepancies. The front left hand (flywheel side) wheel had morphed into a pre '76' version between the pics of it in the Van and on the ground :thumbs: . 

Can't help wondering that as it was April 1st when you posted this, that you were trying to catch us out :).

Or I'm looking too close for discrepancies. The front left hand (flywheel side) wheel had morphed into a pre '76' version between the pics of it in the Van and on the ground :thumbs: .

Was thinking the same Richard, I think it's not entirely original.... Rear fender, deck lift lever and guards are later c series. Hood and one front wheel look like early c series.

Mountfield serial no. Dates it around 1978

I think it's like a lot a horses that have worked, a hybrid of parts that keep them running :D

hi chris nice to see your expanding again.there is someone I know who is looking for three exhausts,you might be able to help.he is going to the round up at newby hall.

Or I'm looking too close for discrepancies. The front left hand (flywheel side) wheel had morphed into a pre '76' version between the pics of it in the Van and on the ground :thumbs: . 

your right Richard, the front tyre was flat and wont hold air for long, I had to change it to get it out of the van as the mower deck snags on the ramps, that's the first spare I found

Was thinking the same Richard, I think it's not entirely original.... Rear fender, deck lift lever and guards are later c series. Hood and one front wheel look like early c series.

Mountfield serial no. Dates it around 1978

I think it's like a lot a horses that have worked, a hybrid of parts that keep them running :D

your right Mark, the id plate has model 1-12k8-01 serial 162357 but engine id is k301as spec 47648d serial 9069962 and the mountfield no 9049. on my list it comes up as a C125 ?

Does it matter! once the showman starts on it, it might well have a propeler and a sail and end up back in belguim but i bet it will still be red. :D

looks like a right mixture, perhaps I've owned it before   :confused:

I've just rechecked the photo's in case it had been through my doors also :D

The wonky decal says it has not!!