Cub Cadet

Cub Cadet 70 restoration

49 minutes ago, Stormin said:

First class job. :thumbs: I'd be afraid to use it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ like he said. I can't imagine any of my tracs looking this good

Iain

On 22 August 2016 at 1:16 PM, HeadExam said:

The transport box is beautiful! Great job.

Thanks Alain, I've put a lot of time and effort into both the box and the tractor :) 

On 22 August 2016 at 1:29 PM, Triumph66 said:

:thumbs: Another top job Ewan!

On 22 August 2016 at 2:30 PM, Stormin said:

First class job. :thumbs: I'd be afraid to use it.

Thanks guys, unfortunately the inside of the box already has a few scrapes. 

On 22 August 2016 at 3:21 PM, slf-uk said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ like he said. I can't imagine any of my tracs looking this good

Iain

Cheers Iain!

Just read your whole thread Ewan. Exceptional work standard:bow:. Vast array of practical skills required/acquired in these projects. You can be rightly proud of your effort (bet your Dad is as well :)). Tractor looks as good as new!........ What's next then ?.   

On 8/26/2016 at 10:02 AM, Anglo Traction said:

Just read your whole thread Ewan. Exceptional work standard:bow:. Vast array of practical skills required/acquired in these projects. You can be rightly proud of your effort (bet your Dad is as well :)). Tractor looks as good as new!........ What's next then ?.   

Thanks Richard! Next on the list is making a few different attachments for it including a water pump powered off the front pto, I'll have to put up a rebuild thread some time. Unfortunately some of these projects will have to wait until christmas as I am starting uni in late September :D 

Earlier this week I got round to painting the wheel weights I bought off Charlie earlier this year, I have decided to put these wheel weights on because they are cub cadet ones, the ones that came with my tractor will be painted white so some one else in the family can use them on their tractor. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a little update, after months of driving the tractor at shows and on our land etc. I noticed that the seat is very uncomfortable on rough land and so I bought one of these seat covers. I am very pleased, very well made and very comfortable!

IMG_4541.JPG

21 hours ago, Cub Cadet said:

Just a little update, after months of driving the tractor at shows and on our land etc. I noticed that the seat is very uncomfortable on rough land and so I bought one of these seat covers. I am very pleased, very well made and very comfortable!

IMG_4541.JPG

What model Stihl trimmer is that behind the Cub? Just wondering I just bought a FS70r and haven't had a chance to use it, wondering how well they worked?

1 hour ago, HeadExam said:

What model Stihl trimmer is that behind the Cub? Just wondering I just bought a FS70r and haven't had a chance to use it, wondering how well they worked?

Hi Alain, its the same model, we've had it for a couple of years and personally I think they work great, take a little bit of effort to refill with the trimmer wire but all round a great tool.

3 hours ago, Cub Cadet said:

Hi Alain, its the same model, we've had it for a couple of years and personally I think they work great, take a little bit of effort to refill with the trimmer wire but all round a great tool.

I got mine at an auction, it was used a couple of times for demonstration, but virtually new. I paid 100 for it with the saw head attachment. I was worried that I might have overpaid, but I think they go for twice that or more around here. I had a Redmax that lasted 14 years with no repairs, so I'm hoping this one will serve me as well. I'll probably look into switching the string head out. Thanks for the input. The Cub seat looks fantastic, be wary they do fade even indoors.