moogie

1973 Raider 12

3 hours ago, moogie said:

Would you have a picture of the part you are talking about ? Thanks, Noel.

Sorry, won't let me post images any more. It has allowed me to upload Manuals, so, assuming you don't have either of these, I've posted both the Illustrated Parts List and Operators Manual for 1975 C Series. Will cover nearly all (or should do) of your Model.

Part (Belt Cover) is shown in Figure 8 of parts Man.

How to adjust Belt Tabs/Guides for clearance is on page 16 (fig22) of the Operators Manual.

Regards.

On Wednesday, April 06, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Anglo Traction said:

Sorry, won't let me post images any more. It has allowed me to upload Manuals, so, assuming you don't have either of these, I've posted both the Illustrated Parts List and Operators Manual for 1975 C Series. Will cover nearly all (or should do) of your Model.

Part (Belt Cover) is shown in Figure 8 of parts Man.

How to adjust Belt Tabs/Guides for clearance is on page 16 (fig22) of the Operators Manual.

Regards.

Had a look at my belt guard, the bottom one is there but the top is missing. Another job to add to the list !

20160408_133912.jpg

20160408_133929.jpg

Got the rims back from the blasters today, much easier than trying to clean them up with sand paper and only cost £20.

20160408_182344.jpg

A quick dust down, knock a couple of dents out of the edge of the rim and a spot of primer to stop any rust from appearing. If it stops raining i might even get a coat or two of paint on them over the weekend.

20160408_190531.jpg

Managed to get the rest of the rims painted today.

20160417_120545.jpg

Ever notice, as soon as you set out something that is freshly painted all the flys in the country have to land on it !   WHY ?  What it it about fresh paint that is so appealing ?

20160417_120605.jpg

New front tyres arrived today. Would have liked three rib tyres but they were working out too expensive. Around £150 each. 

These cost £48 each including postage.

20160418_123328.jpg

20160418_123709.jpg

20160418_123659.jpg

4 minutes ago, meadowfield said:

Noel, you should have said - we buy tri ribs from allterrain here in the UK. about £20 each!

Seen them, only thing is they are 4 inch wide, i wanted to keep the orignal rims so needed a 6 1/2 inch wide tyre. Only ones i could find that width were Firestone ones which are silly money.

1 hour ago, the showman said:

Looks the nuts, bet your pleased with that :thumbs:

It has turned out better than i had hoped. Time to find my next project i think.  :thumbs:

9 hours ago, neil said:

Lovely job you made there, love those rear boots, what make are they & where did you aquire them ?

They are  Carlisle Titan  A.C.T (all conditions tyre) you can get them from All Terrain Tyre, although mine were a Christmas present :) Size is 25-8.00x12, a little tight for clearance, had to move seat pan and floor boards a little. The 23-7.00x12 might be a better size for clearance.