Ian

MOM needs your Old Machines!!!!

Evening all, as you know MOM is a forum for just that.. Old Machines no matter what make, size and even colour.. All machines are welcome... Not just red ones!

We know there are certain worries out there about the amount of Wheel Horse post's on MOM and that Wheel Horse's are taking over... We hope that's not the case..

So come on guy's and girls, post about your Old Machines no matter what make, size or colour they are.. We would love to see them..

A forum is only as good as it's postings by it's members, but it would seem that it's mostly us chaps that like red machines that are posting!!

MOM has almost 250 members now, and a big thank you to you all for signing up... But it's only about 50 members that own Wheel Horses, which leaves close on 200 of you to post about your machines that are not red..

As the topic title says.. MOM needs your old machines..  Help turn MOM into a truly multi-coloured and multi-make old machined forum that everyone can enjoy :thumbs:

Hear hear, well said Ian,

remember folks its MY OLD MACHINE and that means any machine of interest in the farming and horticultural world

We need your support with posts of your machines and collections so please get posting !!

Well said Ian we do sometimes get caught up in our projects which sometimes other people are working on the same thing , I like a variety hence having all different makes and models of tractors and implements and stationary engines , look out for more topics from me and Nathan let's keep up the good work chaps !

Just a quick reply and I'm in headless chicken mode at the moment and likely to be so until the end of October.

Ian's post got me thinking about what is MOM, what is the purpose and what made me join. It is not to get Bolens or WH detailed assistance because other forums with much larger numbers offer that very well. In my opinion it works best as a small friendly forum, who as the title suggests have a general interest in old equipment. I think it starts not to work if the forum becomes too big or focuses on one brand. The people who are able to post the most tend to have a leaning towards the red brand, which I think may be a risk to the success and may put some people off.

Just my 2p worth

Iain

lain we have about 50 members on this forum that have wh tractors that means we have nearly 198 members that dont, so what we need is more posts from these members so we dont just focus on one brand and that would solve the problem, if there is a problem in the first place, i dont own one and i love the sight, :)

Just a quick reply and I'm in headless chicken mode at the moment and likely to be so until the end of October.

Ian's post got me thinking about what is MOM, what is the purpose and what made me join. It is not to get Bolens or WH detailed assistance because other forums with much larger numbers offer that very well. In my opinion it works best as a small friendly forum, who as the title suggests have a general interest in old equipment. I think it starts not to work if the forum becomes too big or focuses on one brand. The people who are able to post the most tend to have a leaning towards the red brand, which I think may be a risk to the success and may put some people off.

Just my 2p worth

Iain

Just to comment on the above, due to my inability to stop rabbiting I am the highest poster on here (sorry guys) and I rarely mention WH even though I own three of them...

Just to comment on the above, due to my inability to stop rabbiting I am the highest poster on here (sorry guys) and I rarely mention WH even though I own three of them...

Very true and you do have some interesting things, if not strictly my cup of tea. :thumbs: