Triumph66

Haban Sickle Mower

I have just bought a Haban sickle mower for my Bolens tractor; it looks in really good condition and is complete including the original instruction leaflet. All being well it should be delivered here by the end of next week. I will post photos of it when it's here.

You keep doing this to us Andrew... We need photo's :D:lol:

Seriously though a sickle mower is a very nice find, I bet you can't wait to try it out :thumbs:

I promised there will be photos of the following:

Bolens 800 tractor to be collected by moi on Wednesday from Crewkerne viva the Borders country

Haben sickle bar cutter to be delivered by end of next week

Howard's Bolens cylinder mower to delivered next week from Gwynedd, Wales

It's like waiting for a bus for ages and all three arrives in the space of a few days! I ain't buying anything else for the time being until the missus calms down.......

In the end I paid for a pallet company to collect the cutter bar from Yorkshire and it's beast to packaged up as well the sellers/ was really helpful in sorting out all the details to arrange for it to be pelleted down to Devon.

Cool :D  cant wait to see all these photos. So what you buying next, im sure the missus wont mind :yankchain:  :hide:

I know what you mean though, ive been waiting for a spread out brick delivery for about a month or more, and then get a phone call, all 17,000 bricks will be coming at once :o

Here are several shots of the sickle mower that arrived this afternoon. It wa very well secured and well packaged. I took them in the dark so will get better ones in due course. It one of those things you have to buy quickly as these don't come up that often and I am pleased I didn't have to go through the uncertainty of eBay. Tomorrow I am collecting the 800 at long last.

post-259-0-51411900-1414524008_thumb.jpg

post-259-0-72918000-1414524054_thumb.jpg

post-259-0-70179500-1414524127_thumb.jpg

Brilliant find mate well done

Yes I am really pleased with it. I moved it into my garage this morning ( it weighs a tonne!). I read the instructions manual last night for bedtime reading! It going to be interesting to get it hitch up. It's going to go on the 1254 I got earlier this year but I need to get that going again with some help from a mate of mine ((Robins). It's a beast of a machine and already I have a healthy respect for it when I read that the blades can take your fingers off even when it's not on as the movement will jolt it....

The sickle mower looks in great condition. My one is not in as good condition. They are fun to fit due to the weight but do a great job.

As you mentioned, nobody thought of health and safety when designing these. You have to be so careful when fitting and using. I have only used mine once in the vertical position and it frightened the life out of me.

Iain

In the vertical position, the debris that is cut off lands on the steering wheel and you need to resist the temptation to brush it off with your right hand.

Iain

In the vertical position, the debris that is cut off lands on the steering wheel and you need to resist the temptation to brush it off with your right hand.

Iain

That's a frightening thought.....

That does look a hefty, scary bit of kit :jaw:  Looks in very nice condition though! Help with the tractor is here when you want it mate ;)

That does look a hefty, scary bit of kit :jaw:  Looks in very nice condition though! Help with the tractor is here when you want it mate ;)

I will certainly take up your offer; much appreciated.