diggerjames

Ransomes gt 700

Auto mate

It does run & I have driven it. Ignor the Oldacre sticker, we dont know any history.

The engine is a tech electric start

Dont know if the battery box on the rear is correct

Used to look after a couple of Ransomes Hahn rear engined riders back in the 80s and also a couple of Ransomes Hahn Triplex greens mowers with the "Helistrand" type flex drive cables to the cutter units.

The new machine as finally arrived it still in the boot of my discovery it will be taken to the workshop tomorrow and we shall have a look round her one thing we have noticed that it used to be registered , it had a tax disc holder etc and it is an ex council machine my question is , is it possible to find out the original registration with the serial no? Cheers James

I really like it and it is very unusual. 

A Tecumseh engine gets a bit noisy with a pepper pot exhaust. I have one on a 10hp (HH100) Bolens and it is not great.

Is it a

I really like it and it is very unusual. 

A Tecumseh engine gets a bit noisy with a pepper pot exhaust. I have one on a 10hp (HH100) Bolens and it is not great.

is it a Tecumseh engine I've been wondering about that thought may have been a Wisconsin engine or a briggs ?

Is it a is it a Tecumseh engine I've been wondering about that thought may have been a Wisconsin engine or a briggs ?

probably a tecky, haven't seen those solid state decals on any other engine than tecumseh

Good find James well done mate

I had another look through my literature, still no joy I'm afraid, sorry !! :(

It's a bit similar to my Cadet 81, that's coming to Newby in June so if you bring this one we can compare them...

Good find James well done mate

I had another look through my literature, still no joy I'm afraid, sorry !! :(It's a bit similar to my Cadet 81, that's coming to Newby in June so if you bring this one we can compare them...

I'm gonna try and bring as much as I can paul this one may have the oily rag treatment !