Tom

New addition - Wheel horse 312-8

Hi all,

As many of you know I am the proud new owner of Ians 312-8. I picked it up yesterday, was a pleasure to see you again Ian and to meet Nigel aswell! I also had a drive of his GT14 which was awesome :D

The pictures I promised..

As I got her home

photo11.jpg

Removed the deck..

photo3-1.jpg

Ags all round..

photo1-1.jpg

Testing the ball hitch..

photo5-1.jpg

Blade mounted..

photo21.jpg

I am very happy with the tractor, not that I had any doubts about it! I am definitely hoping to bring it along to tractor fest in the summer until then I will be working it.

Thanks for looking.

Tom

wow nice addition you got there!! cant wait to hear/see some more.

james

Thanks James :D

Tom

great to meet you tom, glad your happy with the new machine

Likewise Nigel, looking forward to seeing your landy project finished :D

Tom

It didn't take you long to get the ag's on the back Tom :D

It's good to know the 312 has gone to a good home where she will be loved, looked after, and worked :D

Looks great Tom, a useful workhorse, glad its gone to a good home !!

Thanks Paul :D

Tom

It didn't take you long to get the ag's on the back Tom :D

It's good to know the 312 has gone to a good home where she will be loved, looked after, and worked :D

They were already on rims so I couldn't resist! While I had the wheels off I also tightened up the hubs as I think they had come a little loose but they are fine now :D

Was nice seeing you again Ian and I hope to see you and Nigel at one of the shows in the summer!

Tom

Hey Tom, good to see it's going to be a worker :thumbs:

Thanks Mark, I can't wait till it's a bit warmer which means more seat time!

Tom

You certainly got a good deal there, Tom. :thumbs:

Thanks Norm, I certainly think so too :D

A few more pictures :D

photo1-2.jpg

photo21-1.jpg

Tom

I put the cultivator behind the 312-8 today just to try it, it works well and will work even better when the tines and wheels are adjusted. The ground was too wet for any cultivating really, I can't wait till we get better weather.

5ff59ec3fc46db44974988e9d7eb7f97.jpg

f62104bf53b9f8a11b34ac6e577f0c48.jpg

57c0f9d58d607010391ac02ba65979dc.jpg

4fc1b0471bda0ad57111fed0d1918bfc.jpg

The 312-8 still amazes me at its capabilities and I am very impressed by it. I would love to add 26x12x12 tyres in the future or even some wheel weights. Once our workshop has been finished I am going to de-grease it and wash it right down and give it a good service. I would like to renew engine oil and transmission oil, new air filter, new spark plug, new fuel filter, renew grease in spindles and front axle pivot, weld up hi-low lever, add slot hitch and cable, fabricate a battery holder, either replace or repair seat, potentially add some lights, just give it a birthday really :lol: It won't be going anywhere so I want to make it nice.

Tom

Edited by Tom

Tom,

It looks great and the right colour for the tractor.

I would have thought it would have been better to install a sleeve hitch rather than a slot hitch as sleeve hitch attachments seem to be a bit easier to find.

Iain

Hi Iain,

You are definitely right. The only reason I am installing a slot hitch is because I have one and I haven't got a sleeve hitch! For now I will install a slot hitch with an adaptor to make it accept sleeve hitch attachments.

Tom

Too right I would Chris, I am going to try my best to make it. Like I have said to Iain, he is more than welcome to come down with me :D

Tom

Tom,

I got my Brinly plough out of storage and into the workshop where I had some light, then attempted to take a picture highlighting the height of the sleeve hitch attachment. I think the plough need a bit of a clean before trying to use it.

Iain

post-276-0-43140200-1424726471_thumb.jpg

Hi Iain,

That's great, I appreciate it. You are talking roughly a foot at the hitch end. I'm hoping the barford is similar, I know Mark converted one but it wasn't an adjustable one like this. I will checks my barford plough tomorrow.

Tom

The only trouble with reading your posts about my old 312 Tom is..... I'm now going to have to buy another one :D

Glad your enjoying the old girl and finding her just as unstoppable as I did :D