meadowfield

Barford plough adaptation

Nice fabrication work mate.. Is that my old clevis hitch?  If so it certainly looks a million times better with some paint on it..

Tis indeed, has had the 10 ton press treatment to straighten it out :D

Now this I will follow with great interest. Plenty of photo's please. :thumbs:

Will see what we can do!

Looking forward to this, is that the rigid body or adjustable barford atom plough? I have always thought of doing this to one of mine..

Tom

Looking forward to this, is that the rigid body or adjustable barford atom plough? I have always thought of doing this to one of mine..

Tom

No idea Tom, it was fastened to a 2 inch round tube, there's no adjustment so we will need to modify :D

Looking really good mark, you have done an excellent job. Definitely post up a thread regarding the rocker shaft as I have been thinking about making one too and it would be interesting to see how you did yours.

Tom

Well it does lift from the deck handle too, made a rocker shaft, bushes and lift arm. Might do a thread on that...

IMG_20150103_170033_zps0jayli75.jpg

Please do. Looks a lot better and stronger than the WH cable arrangement. :thumbs: My main problem would be the fuel tanks, being at the back.

been a while since this thread was updated....

Ewan has been hard at work plating parts and using all new stainless fasteners.

With a lick of paint and a few stickers, here is the finished plough!

IMG_20150327_171627_zpslenwkyjr.jpg

IMG_20150327_171607_zpskicaeyfs.jpg

IMG_20150327_171553_zpsfnhclxc1.jpg

All ready for this years Wheel Horse roundup

Very nice Mark, you guys have done a great job, you'd never know it was off of a Barford atom. I look forward to more pictures of it after the wheel horse roundup.

Tom

Hi Mark,

I was just wondering if you knew what the rough height of the hitch end of the plough was when it's sitting on the floor?

Tom

I'll take some measurements at the weekend. Geometry wise it's a smaller version of my 12" mouldboard, it seems to scale right for the depth. Other then the lawn :o we haven't tried it yet.... :D

That'd be great Mark. Good idea Iain, when I come round I'll bring one with me and we can offer them up to each other!

Tom