Chris

Got myself a Cub Cadet

Mate of mine has had this in his garden for 15 years. He wanted to sell it & thought it was worth a fortune in its current condition. :o

We finaly done a sensible deal we were both happy with & I picked it up today. Its got some wheel weights. It did have a snow plough & deck but they are long gone :(

Needs to go through my loving hands in my workshop.The steering is stuck solid!  When that maybe I dont know? :huh:

Very very nice! I have always fancied a cub cadet, are you going to restore it or just get it going? I reckon an oily rag and that would come up really nice. Watching this closely :)

Tom

I will restore it at some point in the future. I will get it going again when I have time.

The engine is not the original one my mate seems to think, but is the same as what was fitted. I do have the recoil starter. I dont know if these were electric start??

This model did not have fenders, but later ones did I think

Looks great Chris. :)

As I mentioned in a PM, if it has the Ross steering box like a D-series WH, I posted the part numbers in a post on Euro part of Redsquare a while back. A Ross box is really easy to rebuild and they always seem to fill up with water that runs down to steering column.

Really looking forward to hearing more about this project.

Iain

Love that patina on the Cub Cadet. I will follow this project closely.

After Bolens, the Cub Cadet is a very close favourite followed by the Gutbrods. Anyway I know Chris, aka the Showma, will let me have his CC one day........

Well done Chris, you got 5 months until Smallholders Show... :thumbs:

Original Cub Cadets had a 7hp Kohler with recoil start and no mudguards, the later 70 and 100 had 7 or 10hp

Kohlers, electric starting was optional on the 70and standard on the 100.

Mudguards optional on both models

Thanks for the info Paul

I will find the engine details & report back

You want to put on a CC display this year some where??

I will be bringing some blue to Smallholders, that will set off the yellow nicely.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mr Showman will be bringing something red, making a good display in primary colours.

Hugh

I will be bringing some blue to Smallholders, that will set off the yellow nicely.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mr Showman will be bringing something red, making a good display in primary colours.

Hugh

Thanks Hugh !! :thumbs:

With this one the numbers will be a bit better at the CC line up at the small holders show,

These cub cadet originals are rather rare however there seem to be a few more popping up now, I know of 4-5ish but I'm sure there's more about,

I have quite a few hours of research on these I will PM you ASAP. And share...

You going to keep as is and just a bit of oil rag? Or do a full restoration like mine?

I would like to do a full restoration, but wont be for a long time yet. Got a baby to look after now :P

So the plan will be to remove the engine & give it the once over. My mate said it did run well.

I will take the chassis to work & steam clean it then oil her up :D

If it turns out well I may just leave it how it is

Any info would be great! Year of man???

It doesn't matter what it looks like just make sure you can get it to the small holders show CC round up ;)

I'm just out at the moment and on my tablet, I shall be home and will have a PM sent to you about 8:30PM tonight, I can't remember what I've got now, fair bit of info, stuff on dating as well, have you got the serial/model number from the gearbox housing? It's stamped in the castings of the gearbox? On the side sort of between the wheel and the foot plate,

Just an update.

I am sorry guys, but have had to sell the Cub on.

I have another project arriving soon, so having to make space etc for it

Dont worry its another forum member whos going to give it some love like I planned to do