Phyliss

Which Bolens are unusual / rare?

On a very serious note, I look forward to hearing more about this Bolens with the FEL (Philip) and the sale of the Bolens collection plus implements (Alan). I can assure you both that whoever buy anything collectable within the forum, they will go to very good homes with appreciative owners.

I would never sell my loader,

Just wondered how local you are to me :D

Oh, sorry Chris. Wrong end of the stick. As mentioned i'm only up the road really. Do you get to the local shows, Wiston, Rudgwick etc with your machinery?

Well, it's been a few days since the last post on the Bolens stash so I expect everyone has calmed down by now. Just before you nod off again, a little bit more news.

I had a dig around at the Bolens, and other stuff graveyard, and took various photo's and details. As most of the tractors are well buried and boxed in decent photo's

proved difficult to obtain. Need to clear a lot of clutter to move each tractor to a more suitable position.

This will obviously take time. But fear not, the stash will live again. I hope to have a few in the "For Sale" ads very soon.

Alan.

Alan please inform me about front loader as ive been looking all over for one also mower deck if possible were are you bassed cheers ryan

Alan please inform me about front loader as ive been looking all over for one also mower deck if possible were are you bassed cheers ryan

I think who ever buys the loader will need deep pockets as very few seem to exist in the UK. One example is sat in my shed waiting for some love :D

Edited by Chris

Ian and I payed a visit to Alan and John today to help with a bit of advice on the collection we had a superb day but very tiring it was, we have helped him log and age the items that they will be selling but the best bit is there lots of attachments and other goodies. I must stress that as moderators we did not buy any tractors or attachments , keep your eyes peeled for Alan's forthcoming posts, this was one of the best days I've had in years .thanks Alan and john

Thanks, Nigel and Ian for all your help yesterday. :tthankyou: Hope your trip home was OK.  I hope to get some of the better tractors and attachments up for sale soon. A lot more work involved than expected when I first mentioned this stash, but getting there, SLOWLY.

Looking forward to seeing the sales list and phots Alan. Well done to Nigel and Ian for helping you out with this mammoth task but rest assured they will go to good homes.

Absolutely. Iain 

Sorry to keep you all waiting. The first of the stash has just been posted in the FOR SALE section.  More to follow over the weekend.  Thanks again to Nigel and Ian for the help and guidance in identifying a lot of the stash.  As they suggested, I am listing some of the attachments first, followed by a few of the better condition tractors, although the listings could be mixed due to circumstances.

As some may already know, these items belong to an old friend who is in very poor health, and is having to dispose of his collection.  He is sorry to have to part with years of collecting but needs to downsize to a much smaller property.  He lives near Cranleigh, Surrey for those who will be wondering.

A lot of the collection is dry stored but some, which was stored outside under covers has suffered from the weather,  the covers having rotted away over the years and with everything being covered in brambles.  Still in the process of digging out which is a slow job as I can normally only get over to my friends place once a week, and he is not always in a fit state to help.

Any questions please ask.  I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Alan.

Hi Alan,

It's a great shame your friend is having to sell his collection off, I expect it has taken many years to gather it all. Although I am glad you have found this forum to move some of it on as you will know it will go to a good home as all the members here are great people! I did see you mentioned about some non-bolens garden tractors, do you know what these ones are?

Good luck with selling the equipment, I'm sure you'll have no problems at all as it seems to be very desirable!

Tom

Yes, Years of collecting. Friend John had big plans to bring a lot of the tractors etc back to life after he retired 10 years ago.  Sadly, this did not happen due to various reasons, and is now a forgotten dream.

Apart from the Bolens, there is most of a Uni Horse, which had already been dismantled when John bought it. A Cub Cadet 81 in almost running order. 3 rough Westwoods.  2 Murray's.

Wheel Horse's C-145 and B-1136 plus 6 other Horses. Of the 6 most are only fit for spares.  Hope this helps.

Alan.