moogie

Officially part of the family now !

Now i've gone and done it, bought a Wheelhorse today !

Picked up a Raider 12 (well i think thats what it is) for £250.

It says on the side Raider 12 but when i cross referenced the model number from the tag it says it is a 12HP 8 Speed. My info says the Raider 12 was made up untill 1972 with a different serial number, my serial number (1-0350) is for a 1973 12HP 8 Speed.

So, is my info wrong or is my Wheelhorse a bitsa ?

post-634-0-52925400-1448127635_thumb.jpg

post-634-0-47690900-1448127665_thumb.jpg

post-634-0-10121900-1448127698_thumb.jpg

You're correct with the info . 1-0350 is technically a 12hp 8 speed. Belgium continued sticking surplus Raider Decals on them well into 1973 (the shorter Hood/Bonnet decals were from the late 60's Short frame models). So Decals are iffy for basing an I.D for WH here in Europe.  

The 8 Speed Transmission in it (if original) is likely to be the 5073 model, which was deemed to have a 10 pinion Limited Slip Diff. from 74 onward, they went to the 8 pinion non LSD.

Good choice, User/Parts Manuals for Tractor and Tranny are available.

Looks to be complete, whats your plans with this? restoration or leaving it as it is! nice WH!

Really dont know yet, first thing is to get the engine running and then make sure everything else works. Its going to get used for ploughing so dont know whether to restore it or not. Might not want to use it if its all shiny.

Thanks for all the information, i was getting a bit confused when the name and model number didn't tally up.

Is the Raider 12 the same as a 12HP 8 speed as i cant find a manuel for the 12hp 8 speed ?

There is a strap across two of the wheel studs which seems to be holding the axle in. Any ideas why it might be there ?

post-634-0-05757300-1448197798_thumb.jpg

Last question, there is a tag on the bonnet and i cant seem to find any reference to what the number means, can anyone shed some light on it ?

post-634-0-26146300-1448197992_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Noel.

Hi,

Yes raider 12 manual is the same.

The strap is home made to stop the hub sliding in, later models used two setscrews.

That model no is a later style number where 11 would be 71, 12= HP, k= Kohler, 8 = 8 speed. 01 = belgium.

That style was used from 77 onwards, so someone has added that later...

Hi,

Yes raider 12 manual is the same.

The strap is home made to stop the hub sliding in, later models used two setscrews.

That model no is a later style number where 11 would be 71, 12= HP, k= Kohler, 8 = 8 speed. 01 = belgium.

That style was used from 77 onwards, so someone has added that later...

Thank you.

Noel.

As Mark says, plus-

There is a compromise with your Tractor.

From your pictures, I can tell you that it is mainly a 1972 spec, but with 73> bits fitted (Belgium used up old stock from the U.S.

I can only see a single pedal that will operate both the Clutch and the Brake (some serious adjust is required judging by the Peddle angle).....no problem.

The main panels are 72, as the gear lever area is open and has the shorter Gear Shift decal plate.

From 73> in U.S. They fitted Seat Springs and a slightly longer (1inch) upper Steering Shaft for Knee clearance. Also the PTO Hoop set up you have is '73'>.

Dash Panel is difficult to see. A 73 wiring Loom will have a 3 position Ignition Switch, Part number 103990 . A 72 Loom was 4 position and has an  Accsr'y position (101917).

So best thing to do is pop over to Redsquare via this link, which will take you to the Manuals section and you can download what you need.

You need Part/User Manuals for an 1-0311 (72 Raider 12) and Manuals for the 1-0350 (73 12-8psd) -

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/9-1973-1977/

Ignore what is on the riveted plate on your Hood/Bonnet, in fact I would remove it.

Only thing to bear in mind is the Manuals/Parts Lists and Specs are all for the U.S. Models/Market. As far as I know, there were never any Manuals produced for Belgium Assembled variants.

So you have 2 Forums to play with, if you need any help with it.... and I have both 72 Raider 12 and a 74 12hp.

As Mark says, plus-

There is a compromise with your Tractor.

From your pictures, I can tell you that it is mainly a 1972 spec, but with 73> bits fitted (Belgium used up old stock from the U.S.

I can only see a single pedal that will operate both the Clutch and the Brake (some serious adjust is required judging by the Peddle angle).....no problem.

The main panels are 72, as the gear lever area is open and has the shorter Gear Shift decal plate.

From 73> in U.S. They fitted Seat Springs and a slightly longer (1inch) upper Steering Shaft for Knee clearance. Also the PTO Hoop set up you have is '73'>.

Dash Panel is difficult to see. A 73 wiring Loom will have a 3 position Ignition Switch, Part number 103990 . A 72 Loom was 4 position and has an  Accsr'y position (101917).

So best thing to do is pop over to Redsquare via this link, which will take you to the Manuals section and you can download what you need.

You need Part/User Manuals for an 1-0311 (72 Raider 12) and Manuals for the 1-0350 (73 12-8psd) -

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/9-1973-1977/

Ignore what is on the riveted plate on your Hood/Bonnet, in fact I would remove it.

Only thing to bear in mind is the Manuals/Parts Lists and Specs are all for the U.S. Models/Market. As far as I know, there were never any Manuals produced for Belgium Assembled variants.

So you have 2 Forums to play with, if you need any help with it.... and I have both 72 Raider 12 and a 74 12hp.

Thanks for all the info, may need more help in the future as this is my first Wheelhorse.

While im posting this i may as well ask, what would you use to reattach the friction material to the brake band ? Mine has come off in one peice, its in good condition with no oil contamination so should be ok.

One more, air filter, would you have a part number or could point me to a stockist ?

Thanks again, Noel.

Thanks for all the info, may need more help in the future as this is my first Wheelhorse.

While im posting this i may as well ask, what would you use to reattach the friction material to the brake band ? Mine has come off in one peice, its in good condition with no oil contamination so should be ok.

One more, air filter, would you have a part number or could point me to a stockist ?    Thanks again, Noel.

No problem.

I've used Standard Araldite in the past for mine (plus rivets), but I've read that others have also used Silicone Adhesive or Contact Adhesive.

Metal face needs to be super clean and grease free.

Air Filter - original part number for K301 spec 47421d was A-235100.  Now 235116-S1. Robbed this next info from an Ad :hide: ...............

Replaces OEM:    CASE: C28883 CASE: D66337  CLARK EQUIPMENT: 6518241 Cub Cadet: 385168-R2, Cub Cadet: IH-385168-R2, Cub Cadet: IH-385168-R3

GRAVELY: 010900,  GRAVELY: 043954  GRAVELY: 20057700  JOHN DEERE: AM31400   LESCO: 050036  NEW HOLLAND: 251399,  NEW HOLLAND: 86546598

TECUMSEH: 32008   TORO: 235116   WISCONSIN: L0194A.            ID: 4 5/8 OD: 6 Height: 1 7/8.

Armed with all those numbers, a good chance of getting a result local to you. At least you can search online now if no luck.

Regards.

That's a nice find Noel.. Of course you know that once you have bought one Wheel Horse you will find it very hard not to buy more... The red paint gets in the blood you see :D