Picked up no.1 son from work earlier. Pulled off th main road onto a normally good bit of road and BANG!

Hit one hell of a hole in the road

post-100-0-85707900-1453498327_thumb.jpe

post-100-0-17081700-1453498348_thumb.jpe

Tyre is knackered, drove 6 miles up home, there's no spare in my car :(

Wheel might be recoverable

To be honest, I wouldn't have low profile tyres on any car of mine. And this idea of no spare wheel and run flat tyres is barmy. :rolleyes:

Absolutely Norm, a can of foam ain't going to fix that !!

Had a blow out in road works on the M5 18 month ago but fortunately had a space saver spare but with no hard shoulder finding somewhere to fit it was a bit hairy. Now the current car has no spare, just gunk and a pump - madness. Quoted over £200 for a space saver and no well to put it in!

Did the same a few weeks ago.  Narrow country road, dark, raining and about 18 miles from home.  Almighty bang.  Had a quick look but couldn't see much in the dark.  Car felt OK so carried on.  Found a large dent the next day, probably twice as bad as yours Mark.  Had lost a bit of air overnight.

Not sure if it was a pothole or something on the road but the closely fitting wheel trim, which sits hard against the rim, was undamaged.  The tire LOOKED OK too.  Car has a spare wheel, now fitted.  Still need to have the tire checked and it, or a new one fitted to a rim bought from a breakers.

When we were looking to replace my wife's car last summer, we were told one of the reasons why modern cars don't carry a spare wheel (space saver wheels are optional....) is that the MPG figures are better on the fact sheets due to less weight. Crazy. I can't remember if I got a spare on my modern Citroen; I know my wife's Fiat haven't .

That wheel is shot mate. :(

That can never be balenced up correctly again.

You need proper big Landrover wheels like me :D

Claim off the council for replacement B)

One dodgy meeting the motorway services with a scouser :)

And voila, new wheel and tyre

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Isn't that so surreal. I parked my Citroen in Liverpool last night in a Premier Inn carpark to see John Bishop's Live Show and when I wole up I find one of my wheels was feckin' nicked. That look suspiciously like mine......