Stormin

Just had...

Just had a phone call from a man with a very strong Asian accent. Phoning about my computer. Conversation went something like this.

There's a fault with it, he said.

Oh really? I've not noticed anything.

Is it switched on?

Yes.

Do such and such.  (I didn't) 

Can you see such and such?

No.

This went on for some time. He saying do this. Me doing nowt. I didn't touch my computer at all.

Eventually he said is was ok now and for fixing it I had to pay. Could he have my bank details.

"Certainly," I said. "Give me a minute." Out to the Disco I went and got the whistle I use when rally marshalling.

Back to the phone and " I've got my bank details here", said I. "Can you let me have them," Said he. "Here you are", said I.

I let him have them alright. A good long loud shrill blast. Hope I've burst the crooks ear drum.

Well done Norm, Although you'll probably now be sued for assault !

We get these calls quite frequently, They start off saying their from Windows, but when questioned, "Windows what ?", they seem confused, Jane usually lets them go through their spiel, then says "this is strange, I don't have a computer!"

My favorite is " This is D.C. (my initials) Hall, Cambridgeshire I.T. Fraud Squad, can I ask to whom I'm speaking?", the response is invariably "CLICK" as they hang up.:D

i get them calls every once in a while, think it was last week i got a couple of them on one day, recognise the number and pick up and hung up imidiatly. now they started calling with a different number:rolleyes: i usually ask them if they have a cactus nearby to stuff up where the sun don't shine:D

We've got caller identity on our home phones, if we don't recognise the number we don't bother to answer it

If it says "withheld number"  we definitely don't bother !! :)

An ex girlfriend of mine took to making silent calls when we split up ( this was years ago), allways with a withheld number, I stopped it by holding the phone over a very large speaker turned up to full volume and pressing answer.