Triumph66

Bolens 800

andrew get in touch with tich at machinary decals he did mine for my 800 and they were briliant

attachicon.gifbeckys wedding 002.jpgattachicon.gifbeckys wedding 001.jpg

also if you go to downloads at the top of page you will find operaters manual and parts manual

Nigel, I have already downloaded the 800 manual from you yesterday. Very useful. I just need an 800 anmeter gauge for the tractor..

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Cheers

Very nice Andrew :D Looks like it was worth the wait. Bet your wife is happy you got a shinney one this time ;)  :yankchain:

I am really chuffed with it and yes my wife is a lit happier that it's a shiny one rather than that 'pile of rust'. Just got back from Dorset but hope to work on it next weekend. Catch you later,

Andrew,

I've been away from MOM for a few weeks, live and work got in the way.

The 800 looks great, I am sure you will be very pleased with it. I believe the later tube frames used the same ammeter as some WH tractors, but I am unsure about the early ones. When I get the chance I will check my Bolens 1000.

Looks like you a missing a tow hitch too but these are very easy to make.

I am looking forward to hearing about how you get on with it

Iain

Andrew,

This is picture of the ammeter on my Bolens 1000. Assuming mine has the original one, you are looking for one that looks like this.

Hope this helps

Iain

post-276-0-60575900-1415393206_thumb.jpg

Thanks Iain; always useful to have an original one to compare. I have spotted one on eBay but it's from the States...

I hope to have a little bit of time for myself to give it a run and a check over.

Cheers

I spent a part of the day rearranging the garage to house the new Bolens and the attachments I have accumulated. I connected the battery up, added some fresh petrol, checked the oil and fired her up. It took a few minutes but eventually she fired up and she was loud. I let her run for a few minutes to warm her up before I drove her around the close. I have to say that the pepper pot exhaust is very loud! She droves well though and I am sure with regular use it will run as sweet as a nut. I am really pleased that it's running without any issues.

More importantly, I am pleased to report that my wife has taken a shine to it so perhaps I can acquire another example?

Excellent news Andrew, and even better news your wife approves :D Always good when that happens ;) Did she have a drive?

The pepper pots are loud but original & correct. The main reason i built my stack pipe was the want for very low noise levels. 

I am having a quick cuppa in between working on the Bolens 800. At last I got around to fitting the anmeter gauge this morning as well as greasing up all the nipples. Battery gone flat though..... Got the battery on a trickle charger so hope that will cure that little problem. Everything seem to be ok as everything moves freely and the gears engages where they should. I am now going to order some belts for this as the old ones are a wee bit frayed.

Also taken some better photos too.post-259-0-63068900-1425737310_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-84660800-1425737349_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-89426700-1425737383_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-10693500-1425737426_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-61468000-1425737458_thumb.jpg

I got the 800 going on the re charged battery this afternoon, though it took a long time to turn over. I guess a new battery plus new belts will cure this. The old belts are somewhat frayed and a tad loose.

Thanks lads. It's a great looking machine and a great source of inspiration. I can now see how the deck all connects up and how I can hook up the tiller too.

Maybe the RAM need to be done to this standard.......

Andrew, the hitch for the 800 is identical to the one you have on the 1254. I believe all tubframes use the same hitch with the exception of the 600 where the hitch is cast into the axle. 

Have you a photo of a tow hitch? I got one on the 1254 from memory. So could replicate that if it is the correct style for the 800.

They were all the same. 

Unfortunately my main computer is 'down' with a failed CPU cooler, so I don't have access to my pics.

However I did find one on eBay here in the states.  Good thing is that it gives the center to center dimension of the mounting holes,  That should give you enough to make your own if you are so inclined.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolens-Trailer-Hitch-/121590325957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4f5922c5

George,

You ain't going to like this but I bought this in Berwick upon Tweed on the Borders last autumn......

I had a dose of Gutbrodism a while back, but the Bolensitis keep coming back.

Cheers

Andrew