rog8811

Old machine I am digging out tomorrow

I have a job on my hands, this 50's classic needs saving, tomorrow I will be trying to free it from its tomb of 40 odd years, I will keep you informed of progress if there is any interest.

post-542-0-23173800-1441310549_thumb.jpg

Edited by rog8811

I have a job on my hands, this 50's classic needs saving, tomorrow I will be trying to free it from its tomb of 40 odd years, I will keep you informed of progress if there is any interest.

Doesn't look too much trouble compared with John's Bolens Stash.  Mr Showman likes digging things out, especially if there is red paint involved. :):hide:

I hope that diff' on the floor doesn't belong to it.

I am told that it was driven into the garage and is complete...except for the rear light and over rider. There are all sorts of car parts in with it that I will have to sort out.

Anyone on here near to Dorking with a car trailer?  I need to move it a mile to my place....... 

That's a cool project, I look forward to seeing the resto unfold.. :thumbs:

One thing though.. The optional extra roof mounted beds were never know for getting a good nights sleep on.. So even though it would look good repainted maybe it's best to leave it off :D:yankchain:

Well the roof was dented in but once I got into the almost perfect interior I was able to pop it out again!

Pictures of the rescue follow.

The pile of treasure and trash I had to remove.

post-542-0-48999700-1441397036_thumb.jpg

The interior

post-542-0-05518200-1441397053_thumb.jpg

post-542-0-14506600-1441397066_thumb.jpg

Anyone remember green shield stamps?

post-542-0-78127900-1441397078_thumb.jpg

That's one nice project you have there!. (insert Envy Smiley here).  1959, London registered 6/90.  Interior is as you say......real good.

I had an Eye Test for new glasses today, but do I see 58474 miles on the Clock?.

Shame all the Dross on top creased the roof, still, at least it wasn't thrown inside it.  

Yeah, I also remember Green Shield Stamps.

Look forward to following your progress on it. 

That's good news that the roof dent popped back out :thumbs:

I had an Eye Test for new glasses today, but do I see 58474 miles on the Clock?.

It's a bit hard to see, but yes your seeing right Richard..   The 8 may or may not be a 6 so your close enough :)

I am going to be upfront here, much as I would love to be restoring this myself, the rescue is a means to an end. For various reasons the car owner, my uncle, needs his one living room clearing so that a hospital bed and all the ancillaries can be installed. I need the garage for storing his chattels, the car is going to be for sale.

Thought Johns place was bad.

Is that sum landrover wheels & tyres I spot in the pile.

I could move it for you but just dont have the time atm

Is that sum landrover wheels & tyres I spot in the pile.

The two chunky ones are winter tyres on original wolseley rims.

I am struggling with finding someone to move it at the moment all offers have been big trucks that would not get near. I have been trying to find someone other than the RAC who can do a 2 wheel dolly tow, keep trying though, failure is not an option.

I found the right man to move her so here are some pictures of the move from garage to my driveway. Last night I pumped up the tyres then I was able to get a trolley jack under so that I could remove the back wheels and give the drums a good belt with a hammer until the brakes let off.

post-542-0-36362300-1441730732_thumb.jpg

Out in daylight for the first time in years

post-542-0-39506800-1441731095_thumb.jpg

Leaving this bit to the experts, nice bloke, good job and a good price.

post-542-0-34433400-1441730750_thumb.jpg

The only missing part seems to be a rear over rider, the sills, front valance and front wings are a bit crusty but it is 55 years old.

Glad to see you released it from storage and got it to yours.

Assuming the Floor/Chassis is good, there is nothing that can't be fabricated on it. Superb project.

I remember seeing these in the very early sixties. If your able, I would like to see an 'Under Bonnet' shot, and there should be nice pair of SUs bolted to the straight 6.

Thanks for sharing.