HeadExam

Last Tilling Before Winter

The flat top Bolens tiller is a superb bit of kit Alain.

Thanks, Andrew, they made virtually the same tiller for the tube frames, I have one of those as well, absolutely effortless.

Round tops were made for the earlier Bolens tractors. They work great IF you plow and disk (several times) first and your soil is not too rocky. The only problem is how harshly any previous owners might have used them and the wear over time. They have a bronze gear on the inside axle that is really susceptible to stripping and cost 110.00 US.

Well I got a spare one here Andrew ;)

After using both my flat top tube frame tiller and my flat top large frame tiller, I can assure all that no other GT tiller surpasses its performance. I've used Ariens, Allis/Simp, Cub, CASE, Deere and Massey tillers, none work like Bolens flat top. Once you attempt to lift or load one you will know why

Hi All

Here is a couple of pics of my Gutbrod 1032 tractor with a Gutbrod rotovator this also makes a good job hope you likepost-117-0-61418800-1447931603_thumb.jpg this field had not been ploughed for 26 years I could have ploughed it all day

post-117-0-12906500-1447931633_thumb.jpg

I also was pleased with the results of the rotovator

George S

:hide:  :england:  :thumbs:

That is a GREAT job ploughing and rotovating George. That even looks like land that has sat fallow or not been turned in quite some time (26 years is a long time). That is not an easy job, but you did it nicely! BTW the soil looks fairly damp in the pictures, is it really?