neil

What was your first car ?

Was kinda reminiscing recently and got talking about my first car which was a Hillman Imp

Can you remember what was your first car .

Would be good to see some pics of your old Jolopy

post-5-0-52480100-1428746127_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-36632700-1428746082_thumb.jpg

The pic above isn't my car but a library pic , I will try & dig out a pic of my old imp . But it is a real good likeness to the one I had , even the same shade of grey.

Snap!

I had the first Imp sold by the local Rootes dealer in June 63 which was not without its troubles as the Imp had been rushed onto the market before being fully sorted due to Government funding and a "greenfield" factory at Linwood near Paisley, Scotland. 

Traded it after a year for another new Imp which was trouble free. Later had an Imp variant, the Sunbeam Stiletto.

Imp0001.pdf

Edited by Wristpin

My first car was a 1972 Buick Riviera. Bought it cheap from my girlfriends uncle and borrowed the money from my parents. It was a big luxury car with a 454 ci engine.

Suck'n gas and Haul'n ass!

Don't have any pics of that car but this one looks just like it

post-9-0-93733800-1428756457.jpeg

Mine was a 1965 Triumph Herald in Conifer green, known by my friends as the Rust Bucket. I don't have any pictures of it but this picture is from the web

post-276-0-94362100-1428759546_thumb.jpg

Iain

My first car was a brand new 1970 Vauxhall Viva saloon. I won it in a competition. I never drove it as I didn't have a car licence. Motorcycles my thing in those days.  

I sold the Viva and  paid back my parents the money they'd loaned me toward my first house. I also bought a 1960 Reliant Regal saloon, with a 750cc side valve engine. That was to keep the first wife happy. Didn't work.

So I suppose the Reliant was my first car.

Just passed my test a month or so ago. I went out an baught this so I don't have to rely on Dad driving me and the crawlers around, not bad for a first car/truck.

As you can see, I was just getting used to it when I tried to park it, seems to be a bit squint !!😀 (I'm better at it now)

post-294-0-11234800-1428782529.jpg

Edited by Rocboni

My first car was a Renault 14 GTL in metallic green with a sliding vinyl sunroof registered VJK 411T bought for £90 plus a bottle of single malt from my grandfather who retired from driving due to ill health. A fantasic car to drive and so modern and refined compared to the BL cars of that era. It failed it's MOT due to rust on the suspension turrets.

Here's a photo of an example of it. I still have several photos of it somewhere..... Will try and dig them out if I can.

post-259-0-85235600-1428783365_thumb.jpg

My first car was a 1942 Austin 8 soft top, bought for £10 including a gallon size tin of body filler approx 1964. The roof leaked like a sieve. The wipers only worked when they felt like it. Started easier with the handle than on the button, but still managed to get up to Scotland and back on holiday with it. JUST. :rolleyes: My girl friend, now wife, used to hate it when I collected her from work, as her work mates were picked up in more modern Consuls, Vauxhall's etc.

post-385-0-83720000-1428788950.jpg

My first car was a Fiat 126, but it never made it onto the road.. My first "on the road" car was a Vauxhall Chevette which only lasted about 8 months until I wrapped it around the side of a bridge!

My first that I bought was a series 2 honda prelude, used to love it( and a couple of the girls I was seeing at the time loved the pop up head lights) but at only 19 the thirst for fuel and the cost of insurance was too much, so I started to look for something more sensible to shut my parents up and came back with a golf gti, opps. Those were the days.sigh. The below photos are of very similar car except my prelude was a silver a plate and my golf had different wheels. I'll have to try and dig out some pics I've got some where.

post-104-0-64908700-1428863255_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-09721400-1428863272.jpg

post-104-0-12643600-1428863294_thumb.jpg