Tom

My new plough

Hi all,

Picked up a plough today, it was all ceased up and a bit rusty albeit only surface rust..

200CE48A-C874-44E4-9E01-ADFCF43F2681.jpg

Yep, a brinly plough :D I'm over the moon. After a few hours on it, lots of heat and a tub of copper grease later it ended up like this:

A24E40AE-2B3F-4B37-B236-4EFF6D7633CE.jpg

CD838289-A717-4DC4-B23A-2A141B11B4B7.jpg

I'm very happy with how it has come up and how everything is so free now. Hopefully I'll be able to take it to a local ploughing match soon and give it a try.. Oh and to top it off I got a set of John deere rear wheel weights for my 110 :)

Tom

Thanks guys, I am ever so pleased as I've been after one for a while. I'm looking forward to having a proper go with it..

Tom

Way to beat the bushes Tom. Contrary to what many people think these ploughs were not meant to be able to turn sodded soil that has been a yard or lawn without scrapping off the grass, but rather to plough a patch that has been prepped to plough. You could plough heavily sodded soil with this plow, but you would need a fairly large or heavy tractor such as a Gutbrod 1032 or bigger. All that said, it would be advantageous (and fun) to find a small patch to practice plowing techniques and plough settings. Again, great find.

Way to beat the bushes Tom. Contrary to what many people think these ploughs were not meant to be able to turn sodded soil that has been a yard or lawn without scrapping off the grass, but rather to plough a patch that has been prepped to plough. You could plough heavily sodded soil with this plow, but you would need a fairly large or heavy tractor such as a Gutbrod 1032 or bigger. All that said, it would be advantageous (and fun) to find a small patch to practice plowing techniques and plough settings. Again, great find.

for trying the plow and setting it a long patch is prefered so the plow has time to settle after altering the settings ;)

for trying the plow and setting it a long patch is prefered so the plow has time to settle after altering the settings ;)

Good advice. It also allows time to wear the rust/paint off the plow face to produce a cleaner and easier cut.

A great find Tom, the plough looks good behind your Cubby :thumbs:

I'd of thought the best way to clean the rust off is just to use it and plough up the garden :D