Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Thanks for the favourable comments, lads.

i realy like that norm is the body going black ( please ) :rolleyes:

It's beginning to look that way, Nigel. :D  Don't know about the engine. That's last on the list.

Looking great Norm! :) are you going to add any red to the horse?  :)

The general consensus seems to be an all black vote. Wheel colour not finalised though.

Got silver.

Got red. MF & IH.

Got white.

Got JD green.

Got Fordson blue.

Oh! Also engine colour to decide.

Spent the afternoon in the workshop today. Clutch mechanism all fitted and connected from pedal to pulley.

Also brake mechanism except for the rod to the band. That's in the painting process.

Missed it when painting the other bits. Took a bit of finding, as did the clutch return spring. :rolleyes:

Started cleaning up the instrument panel.

Been a good day.  Brake system all connected today. Instrument panel made a bit more respectable. Ammeter panel cleaned and primed also gear lever gate cover. Seat support also cleaned up and ready for priming.  One foot plate put in e-tank.

Photo's tomorrow for those that like 'em, all being well.

Beat me to it Nigel. I always fancied a JP Moto Guzzi Le Mans. I'd have to buy gold paint though. :(

Norm, are you painting it gold to make it look like a Bolens Ride a Matic..........

Sorry lads. No photos'. Things didn't go as planned.  I wasn't happy with the panels. The black paint showed up to many imperfections in the metal.  So no choice but to strip them and give them a skim of filler. Now sanded down but I've run out of spray primer.

I did get the seat support primed. Brush painted with red oxide. Also I discovered I'd fitted the hand brake to high. :rolleyes:  Well there is two holes. One above t'other. Corrected now and working.

A little more progress today. Seat/fender support painted yesterday and now fitted along with fuel tank.  The afore mentioned panels are also finished after stripping, skim filling and repainting. Started cleaning up some other bits ready for painting. One foot plate out of e-tank and the other in.

I did have a mishap with the ammeter, but I think I can repair it. :fingerscrossed:

A few more bits painted or in the process of, today. Some photo's for The Showman's delectation. :D

Dash and ammeter panel fitted. Finger marks will be removed.

post-111-0-65104300-1425828725_thumb.jpg

Fender cleaned up.

post-111-0-13697000-1425828760_thumb.jpg

Underneath of fender with two coats of red oxide and drying in the sun.

post-111-0-04188400-1425828784_thumb.jpg