Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Bracket made and fitted. Also top engine cowl, painted and fitted. Started to attack the bonnet yesterday afternoon and this. I say bonnet and not hood cos I'm English. :england:

Drill, flap wheel, wire wheel and result below.

post-111-0-52134100-1429208011_thumb.jpg 

post-111-0-97550800-1429208081_thumb.jpg

Some emery cloth work in less accessible corners etc. and the underneath may be primed and first coated by tomorrow night.

The hood looks good in bare metal Norm, have you thought about polishing it smooth and giving it a coat of clear rather than black? Or should I not be giving you ideas? :D

The hood looks good in bare metal Norm, have you thought about polishing it smooth and giving it a coat of clear rather than black? Or should I not be giving you ideas? :D

I've spent all afternoon, filling and sanding the top. Priming and top coating the underneath. What do you think? :rolleyes:

Looking great so far Norm, excellent job. I bet you have quite a few hours into that hood, I bet it will look amazing!

Tom

I've spent all afternoon, filling and sanding the top. Priming and top coating the underneath. What do you think? :rolleyes:

Still time to change your mind Norm..... Ok, maybe not :D

My first thought when seeing the hood in shiny steel was to have flames in shiny steel and black for the rest, but I am strange like that :lol:

Nothing done on the C-121 today, but I did move the bonnet from the workshop onto the lawn. Thought it would be out of harms way there. T'Other Arf thought she'd inspect it while drinking a cup of tea. Yep! Your right. While bending over it, she spilt her tea on it. :rolleyes: