Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Good to see your progress Norm. I was getting worried that you'll spend more than 2 years to finish this like me on my C-120  :blink: .

Black look's good. Would nice to also see the Motor Black and a bit of Silver perhaps?............or polished steel !-

post-94-0-69419000-1425855139_thumb.jpg

Keep up the good work and piccies for Chris .

Wow Richard, how did you get that to look that good :thumbs:

I was surprised how easy and quick it was Chris. I scraped/chipped much of the old Black paint off, then used Paint stripper, found very little rust pitting.

I had to get it smooth in order to tap out the Hammer damage to the Starter Blister and other dents/distortion. 

I just used p240 and P400 grade paper by hand............ Was going to Lacquer it, but had too many blemishes............. It's painted Red.

I haven't got the patience Richard has, to reach his high standards.

Rest assured Norm there are visible Flaws in my paintwork.....sorry to interrupt your thread :huh: . I'm sure it will look good when your done.

If my engine looked like that, it would be on my mantle piece.

Would Pam allow it Chris ?........you'd probably get roped in to clean and polish all the Brassware etc as well. 

I got a second coat of primer on the fender and underneath of foot plates late yesterday. This afternoon, though not the best of days for painting, (rather cold), gave them a first top coat. I'm using Tor tractor enamel, applied with a foam radiator roller.

Apologies for poor photo quality. First two without flash. Third with flash.

post-111-0-54980400-1426438203_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-90138800-1426438239_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-45967100-1426438274_thumb.jpg

When dry the fender will get a light rub down before second coat. To be honest, I'm wondering what possessed me to use black. It don't half show up imperfections. :banghead:  

I was not happy with the first coat of gloss on the fender. So today I rubbed it down with wet and dry and applied another coat. Still not happy. Going to leave it till the weather gets warmer and concentrate on smaller things.

Maybe have a tidy up, make some room and start on the engine.

I was not happy with the first coat of gloss on the fender. So today I rubbed it down with wet and dry and applied another coat. Still not happy. Going to leave it till the weather gets warmer and concentrate on smaller things.

Maybe have a tidy up, make some room and start on the engine.

have you tried polyester spray filler ? It's a high build coat that doesn't sink into any pits etc, great i you have filler in a panel, it also wet sands easily. Or you could shoot it with some black metalflake to hide any minor imperfections

Fitted fender and footplates yesterday. Also drained the engine and lifted off and onto bench. By 'eck it's heavy.

Removed tinware, carb, pump and starter motor. Next is to clean it up and decided wether to do the valves or not. It has compression, but is easy to turn by hand.