HeadExam

Wheel Horse Raider 10 Stolen

along with a Rotovator from home in Bristol England, Here is Jamie's account of the events:

I have been using the power of FaceBook to try and find the tractor, here's the story so far.

I had taken the horse to a friends house locally where it was being used to rotovate his garden, it was left stored in a barn away from any public access or rights of way. On Sunday morning my friend noticed the gate was ajar and horse missing, he asked his son to contact me to see if I had collected it. I rarely look at Emails but unusually I did last night to find a message that "Dad" was worried etc. I went to the Police station this morning hoping there had been a dumped tractor found as I suspected it to be louts having a play around after visiting a very nearby pub. I was informed that no such thing had been reported but gave the tractors and my own details. A short while later I posted of my loss on a local FaceBook "items for sale page" as it has a large following. Within a very short time I had several people telling me it had been dumped in a small lane within half of a mile of where it was taken from, one lady was actually coming home at 2 am the night it went and saw it. She and at least one other reported it using the Police 101 service and have reference numbers, one person also has CCTV which overlooks the area it was left and has recorded the precise time two men were seen leaving the area 1:23am. Another person contacted me saying he was going to put it in the shed when he was told the Police were on the way. Anyhow, the Police did arrive, they simply moved it to the side of the lane and left. It was there around thirty hours, but, it is no longer, I'm still looking around and asking about but it seems it has vanished from where it was originally dumped.

I think I would be knocking on door of the people in the immediate vicinity and offering a reward for information leading to the location of the tractor. It seems one neighbor may see if another has nicked a new GT recently and want some extra money for Boxing Day. 

I have an MG5 which was stolen from an enthusiast, it was more than 3 years before it turned up on E Bay and was spotted by a number of people, the police recovered it immediately and returned it to the original owner. So don't give up hope and keep an eye open on Auction sites and Gumtree.

Thanks everyone for the comments and giving this attention, especially to Headexam for sharing it here before I was able too (I wasn't a member). Sadly the 'oss is still missing despite my searching and asking, the children have even turned into superheroes of late and been using their powers in the search! I have become quite obsessed with this and even taken holiday from work to try and track her down but at present seem to have hit a wall, I'm very disappointed with the Police for leaving her there where she was first dumped, besides anything else it was a school route and if any of the children had started her it could have ended in a very messy way. 

Please keep vigilant, I can name several distinguishing marks besides the obvious.

Do not be discouraged, it still may show up. I would really go back and see if the people would not give you the window fitters name or where he worked out of and do some digging down that road, or area. Logistically it would have taken a truck and two men to pinch it, probably a covered truck, just saying.

Don't give up on it. A few years ago we had a ride on booked in for service from about 30 miles away and when the boys started to strip it for cleaning they found post codes from a couple of miles up the road from us and even one of our job numbers on the back of the battery. It had been stolen three years previously and purchased by the "current owner" for cash off the back of a p***y truck!

Edited by Wristpin

lets hope you find her soon , if not use the reward money to buy another , not the same I know but don't be without a horse for too long .

Good luck

A massive thank you to everybody that paid attention to my posts about the theft of our little tractor and kept eyes open for her. After over three

months the tractor is now back at home and we have two happy children and a very smiley me. I had a phone call from the Police today to say

my horse had been returned to the house she was last spotted at. Strangely it was found by the same man that had last been seen moving it

onto the driveway! He "apparently" found it dumped in a place I had searched previously, a local park. Anyhow I'm just overjoyed to have her

home and I wish to express my thanks for all the kind words and thoughts that have been sent my way.

post-657-0-21161900-1452547669_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-60167300-1452547675_thumb.jpg