Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Stickers applied at Newby Hall courtesy of Mark. 

I also added a little something I picked up at Newby, to the right side of the fender. Photo tomorrow.

Stickers look good Norm. Did Mark make them with Chrome/Silver?. 

You Teaser.......making us wait

I'll take some more sticker photo's tomorrow.    I didn't mean to tease, Richard. Went out to take a photo, but someone had put the Spitfire in the way.

.................Wonder how many Pilots have said that in the past?.

Very nice Norm. Like the Sandwich Box !  :)  ......Can't be for Tools, you shouldn't need any after that Rebuild :lol:    

Managed to get a bit of workshop time today and got some bit jobs done on the Black Horse.

(1) Clutch pedal rod adjuster nut freed off. Pedal doesn't need pressing as far forward now.

(2) Slight play in right rear hub taken out. About 6 thou difference in hub bore and drive shaft diam. Sorted by use of hammer and centre punch to inside of hub. Crude but effective. Nice and tight now.

(3) New gaiter fitted to bottom of gear lever.

(4) Stop made and fitted to prevent brake pedal from coming to far back.

(5) Is on going. Cleaning up a pair of scooter split rim wheels I got at Newby Hall. These are just right for fitting to the front with tri ribs on. Goodness knows what they've been painted with, but it's like concrete.

Ready to paint now, after some filler is applied to the rather corroded insides.

(6) Started to clean up the front tachomatic.

BTW. The little tool box, along with a second, is an MF item.

Regarding a bit of play on hubs / shafts, if you have a decent lathe you could try 'knurling' the shaft to slightly increase it's diameter and also the rough finish gives a bit more grip. I used to do this to piston skirts on the old British bikes to cut down on piston slap ( 40 years ago ) when they were a bit worn.

I'm guessing you have a wheel hub conversion planned Norm looking at those wheels..

The silver decals and black paint look great by the way :thumbs:

Your right Ian. Just need to find some suitable hubs or make my own. 

Re-fitted the newly painted front and centre tachomatics today. Who knows, I may need them for Rural Past Times. :D

I'd best get the rear one done as well. Plus lift cable.

I've no idea and I don't have any, Koen. Suspect the spindles will be different anyway.

oh wait those are fronts arent they? then scratch that idea, i was thinking they were rears :rolleyes:

Plus GT14 hubs are like rocking horse poo....

Try northern tool or somewhere for the hubs Norm. There's a few people do them. It's easy to turn the inside of this new shaft down and weld over the old stub axle. Theres a thread over on redsquare by calling....

If you want help from someone who has done this Mod here in UK, then send kpthorsefan a PM (last on here in April).

He used UK sourced Trailer Hubs, not sure if the PCD is the same as on Scooter Rims.

His excellent Thread on RS was way back in 2010/11 I believe, but when I last looked, I think the pics links had dropped out.

You'd need to fire up the Lathe though Norm!..........Go for it.

What PCD are the wheels Norm, I used JD mower deck spindles for my C121 front hubs. I'm sure I have some more, I think the pcd of these is around 100mm / 4"

the bearing size is 3/4" so they go straight on. You can alter the track by just turning them round. if you want to try them, PM me and I'll send you a couple.

Doug

post-206-0-03231000-1436460547_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-43060300-1436460588_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-44448200-1436460466_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-58783300-1436460504_thumb.jpg

They look good Doug. But I'm not sure the hub OD will fit inside the dish of my wheels. PCD on the scooter wheels is 2-3/4". Centre hole in the wheel is 2-1/8".