Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Looking good, nice stack.

How long before the missus notices that the washing post is missing? :)

Iain

Not the washing post. Tele' aerial mast from the caravan. :D

A little bit more done today.

A front light lens graphic, to replace the broken lens came from Mark in the post. So that was fitted to the lens I made, along with the nicely painted light case.

post-111-0-24284200-1431100126_thumb.jpg

I also fitted the rear lights.

post-111-0-46034700-1431100155_thumb.jpg

I also painted two standard hitches and a slot hitch, plus some other bits.

i think i know the story about this ,the owner is colour blind and his kids painted it for him and told him it was red, just like the showmans horses :D

Paid a visit to Jonathan, (expeatfarmer) while out this morning. As we talked and perused his latest acquisition, something caught my eye under a bench. A length of stainless pipe with a flap on. Surplus to his requirements, it found it's way into the Discovery.

Back home and a bit of scrating about in the workshop, some welding, some lath work, some drilling and the result is below.

post-111-0-87323300-1431192271_thumb.jpg

Not what I expected to do today, so thanks Jonathan. :thumbs:

Started to do the wiring today. First of, did a wiring diagram leaving off the things I don't need. Ie. Cut off switches.  H&E bods keep quiet. :poke:  Just as well I stripped the harness. Found a couple of wires, one a live, must have rubbed through at some time. A previous owner had just taped them up. Not very well either. They will be replaced.

Got all the wiring done today. Engine turned over, got good spark and front and rear lights worked. So chuck in some petrol and lets see what happens.

Turned the key and engine spun freely, but did not fire. Removed tank to pump fuel line and petrol came through. Still wouldn't fire. Removed pump to carb pipe and sucked. Fuel came through. Ugh! Spit! Spit! Spit!

Ok! Lets try again. Whir! Whir! Whir! Cough! Cough! And the Black Horse burst into life. :hyper:   :D  :D  :D  BTW Tom. It's loud  Well it is now, after blowing the mute out of the end of the inner pipe. :o

Ok! Now let's see if it drives. Pushing it about after the trans' rebuild, it was not as free as the C-125. Things felt a little stiff. Into gear and out of the workshop we went. Forward and reverse working fine, in high and low. :thumbs:

Back in the workshop and shut down. It's little journey seems to have freed the trans' off, as now it's just the same as the C-125 to move by hand.

Next thing to do is get the wheels cleaned up and painted. Also a bit of exhaust re-designing. Don't worry! It'll still have the stack. ;)  

You don't mess about Norm :D I bet it feels great to hear it run and have a drive. I thought it would be loud!! What colour are you using for the wheels?

Tom