Ian

Project "Why Not"

Your eye's were working Norm, you did see a milling machine in Nigels workshop...  :)

We did think of a slitting saw on the mill, but Nigel does not have one, so I opted for the "cheaper than buying a slitting saw" way and started turning the width off.. It's taking a while as I don't have coolent rigged up on the Mono turn lathe so I have to wait for things to cool back down every once in a while..

WN829_zpsrqzjnnae.jpg

You really shouldn't let that kitten get so close. :poke:

It's my guard kitten Norm, Tiddles stops the pixies from pinch my swarf :lol:

The problem was that Ian put the cat in my workshop norm , like in my bandsaw

Well I had to cut him in half so I had a flat surface for gluing him to the ad board :lol:

(No Kittens, ad boards, bandsaws or tubes of glue were harmed during the typing of the above) :D

I had my first visit to the workshop yesterday.. I didn't get anything much done but a few parcels had turned up..

New Landrover coils.. Not bad at just over £7 a pop.

WN830_zpsxbecfbyo.jpg

And this bag of electrical bits...

WN831_zpsbycpznhw.jpg

More about the bits when I start installing them :)

Well... It's been a while since I've done a Why Not update and not much has been happening really..

Part of the kit I bought fried its self, so I made my own..

Ready to be bolted on..

WN838_zpslcl6occx.jpg

Bolted in place under the fender pan.. There is plenty of space around the coils, it's just a badly taken photo that makes it look otherwise!

WN837_zpsi0zie8ab.jpg

And a bit of spark testing... I am getting a spark, just enough of a spark!     Any ideas?

WN839_zpsjhqljwdy.jpg

Would that be an Exhaust Pulsing Flame set up Ian?.............. Will be good for killing tall weeds :) ................... Bit of Overkill just to light up a 'Rolly' :lol:   

Short of iffy circuit or earth/ground connections, the Coils aren't chucking out enough juice?. 

It's been an interesting sort of day you might say :D

A write up will have to wait until the final specs are decided on, but you might say its evolving a bit :lol:

Here's a short vid of todays fun, only one exhaust is plumbed in for flames at the mo. Once it is right the other side will be sorted..

Although I'm busy with Project Horse Gut at the mo, I'm still thinking about the flame throwers and how to make them...

During the week a small fuel tank turned up (thanks Dave :thumbs: ), I think it's from an Atco?    It is a nice fit under the bonnet :)

WN844_zpsblhvswru.jpg

By the time it's painted red you won't even notice it with the bonnet closed.. Stealth flames :D

WN845_zpsrwm8kpzw.jpg